SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 95 Modern Theses - Thesis 9 - Little Reading of God's Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougr777

95 Modern Theses - Thesis 9 - Little Reading of God's Word

9. There has never been more access to the Word of God, yet so little reading of it. (1Tim 4:13; Neh 8:1-3; Ps 119:59)

I encourage discussion about each of these thesis points as they are posted. We are posting 1 per day for the next 95 days.

The full list of Theses can be found at: http://95moderntheses.wordpress.com/

2010/11/30 9:09Profile
dougr777

Re: 95 Modern Theses - Thesis 9 - Little Reading of God's Word

1 Timothy 4:13 (King James Version)

13 - Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

---
Nehemiah 8:1-3 (King James Version)

Nehemiah 8

1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.

2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.

3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.

---
Psalm 119:59 (King James Version)

59 I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.

2010/11/30 10:43Profile

Re:

I read your Scripture reference reply on #8 and thought of Neh 8 as well - and now I read this reply from you. Glory to GOD. This is the Revival we need - a Neh 8 revival and many a good Pastor/shepherd agree, lest we fulfill Amos 8, that speaks of the last days...

Amo 8:11,12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

"Must you be so negative?" - I've heard that as well, and so have many with this burden of our LORD.

If being in Love is negative, and having the fires of that love burning in your heart for The Word of GOD is negative - as in the S.O.S. - then negative we are.
Hunger & thirst 'is' uncomfortable. It grieved The LORD to even see the multitude physically hungry, while He walked with them, how much more so for Him to see us malnurished while "the Table" is overflowing still?
Dear LORD, help us to see, in time enough.

LORD GOD of Hosts, fan the embers.

2010/11/30 15:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy