SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas is evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I am glad everyone has prayed about these things, that they have honestly searched their own hearts and come before the Lord to ask what HIS will is in this matter with no preconceived answers. That is truly what matters most. It breaks my heart to say that I have family members who never have asked the Lord what HIS will for their life is when it comes to taking part in some of the traditions that they are accustomed to. They just grew up as children in church family, in church settings, where celebrating Christmas was always the thing you did so they never stopped to ask the LORD what HIS heart on the matter was. I wish you who have taken part in this thread the very best.

I understand your heart in what you write, and you are correct! But also please understand that many believers celebrate Christmas with much joy and excitement directed completely upon Jesus. I know I do, and since that is the case for me... it's never ocurred to me to pray and ask if what I was doing was against His will. Why? Because He gets the glory in my life.

What we all need to understand is that it is absolutely possible for God to call one person to refrain from celebrating Christmas... and then allow another believer to absolutely celebrate it with gusto... and they would both be in the perfect will of God.

But let's get honest for a minute. Do you know what this debate reminds me of? And argument in the Bible over eating meat offered to idols. Some believers argued that anything offered to idols had been defiled and therefore unfit for any Christian to consume. Other's (including Paul) said meat is meat, and idols are nothing and therefore we can partake in complete freedom. HOWEVER... those who have that freedom should not partake in such a manner as to be a stumbling block to others. And I would be remiss if I did not give the whole counsel of God... he used the term "weaker brother".

Sorry, I've got to say what the Bible says. I was tempted to leave that out, but if I did then I would be messing with the context.

I'm not saying anyone here is weaker than someone else!

What I am saying is both parties in this debate can be right and equally called of God to do either one. Who can understand the mind of God? Not me.

So there ya go... munch on that.

(EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON THE WEAKER BROTHER THING!! THATS IN THAT CONTEXT OF SCRIPTURE!! I'M NOT JUDGING ANYONE!)

2010/11/30 17:08
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God uses everything!!

Amen Pilgrim! even a Donkey, can I get another Amen?

2010/11/30 17:08Profile

Re:

hee-haw, hee-haw, er, amen.

2010/11/30 17:10
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Want to have a Joy filled Christmas? align your personal celebration with Gods will for you, want to have a bad Christmas? align your personal celebration with man. Simple, cut and dry, and about as close to the point I can get.

2010/11/30 17:20Profile

Re:

It only takes a spark to get a fire going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

2010/11/30 23:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy