SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Public Confession from Krispy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Mercy, Joe, Mercy.

We (including you) have all chosen to deceive and I am sure disappointed people very close to us. Krispy is not even close to us. Lighten up on the military stuff.

I am ex-military too, but I would rather wear the name of Christian than Marine if given the choice. And I won't wait to be given the choice, I choose Christian.

Paul counted everything that he was or had attained(Pharisee of the Pharisees) as nothing but dung, next to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ.

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Let's not take someone who is humbling themselves and repenting and throw their particular sin back into their face because they happened to have marred some earthly organization. What about the Lord and His Body? That is who we really hurt when we sin. Yet, I am reading over and over that the brethren are receiving Krispy back into fellowship and no one is expressing disappointment and most certainly, the Lord is receiving him back.

I am just pleading with you and everyone to show mercy. Mercy is shown to us if we show mercy.

2010/11/29 15:07

Re:

Pilgrim, I deserve to take it on the chin. It's ok.

Folks have a right to confront me. It may help them work through the hurt I've caused.

Krispy

2010/11/29 15:13
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Oracio,
This matter has been addressed with Krispy in a PM, I did not mean to give the impression that I did not forgive Krispy for his deceit; rather, I did so.

Pilgrim,
It is not unreasonable to feel anger at deception. As I attempted to explain to another forum member, I have never held the Marine Corps above the Cross but being a former Marine and Iraq war vet is an integral part of who I am as a person and what I have gone through. My family and I have struggled through many trials due to my service and to claim to be a combat veteran Marine when one is not is hurtful and slights what others have truly sacrificed. Forgivness does not mean one does not have the right to feel indignant or hurt.

Joe

2010/11/29 15:20Profile

Re: Public Confession from Krispy

Steve, I'm very aware I'm online and had not yet posted here. I'm still processing your statement, but I am not offended that you were paranoid, or wanted to protect your identity. As Jesus-is-God said, that's what usernames are for.

I can understand why God wants to deliver you from the effect of having given yourself a false facade, though, and from ducking and diving in fear. But it's a journey.

That which makes manifest, is light.

When I was reading Tyndale's New Testament, because of his marginal notes, I noticed things that have always been there, as if they were new. One, as Tom said, is the 'armour of light'. That is a beautiful picture, and place of great safety. (1 John 1:7)

Also, when I find my tongue, there is something more I will share, because your deliverance resonates with a recent blessing I've had from the Lord.

Down in the human heart, crushed by the tempter,
Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
Touched by a loving heart, wakened by kindness,
Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.

Fanny Crosby

2010/11/29 15:31
Lesserlight

Re:

Christ is the one that calls us to repentance and if Christ was not in you, you would not have felt the guilt that caused you to confess

Jesus had already forgiven you before your confession so why should you have confessed your sin

Besides the load off of your conscience that I am quite confident that you are feeling, a wall has been removed between you and God that kept out things that He wants you to have.

We are to confess our sins to another brother or sister and IMO it builds bonds of trust....... and might lead someone else to confess their sins.

So congratulations

Doug

2010/11/29 15:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Anyone that has been around here for long knows Krispy and I have always been buds since day one. Brother you don't owe me any apology, when you have been forgiven, there is no apologies due, trust me, you have forgiven me numerous times, as I have you. You are my Spiritual Cyber Brother in Christ and you will always be, I read your confession, and nothing seemed to really stick with me, why? because I am a sinner also, just like all of us here, the only difference is, our stories are all just a little different. Brother you have stuck by my side here at times, come hell or high water and you never had to do this, you did it because you understood me and you Loved me, and that's why I am sticking by your side today, it's called Brotherly Love. There's no other love like the love for a brother, and there's no other love like the love from a brother.
God Bless You Brother.
Mr. Bill

2010/11/29 15:47Profile

Re:

I love you, brother Bill.

2010/11/29 15:52

Re:

Well, as someone who has had a few run-ins with Krispy over the years :) I find it easy to forgive. The Lord loves a broken and a contrite heart. I have been forgiven of so much myself that I could never hold anything against another who has humbled himself and asked for forgiveness. Keep on moving in His direction brother and I'll see ya when we both cross the finish line.........brother Frank

2010/11/29 15:57
Renoncer

Re:

Lesserlight,
I agree that Krispy's confession is a good thing, not only for the people involved in this situation, but also because it may convict others as well. This is putting James 5:16 into application.

Sin is ugly, that's a given. We have to constantly fight against it. We must put it to death in its infancy; we must also put it to death when it is mature. Let us be merciless against sin, but merciful towards the sinner, especially the one who repents.

Yours in Christ

2010/11/29 16:02Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
Sin is ugly, that's a given. We have to constantly fight against it. We must put it to death in its infancy; we must also put it to death when it is mature. Let us be merciless against sin, but merciful towards the sinner, especially the one who repents.

This is good

Bless your heart

Doug

2010/11/29 16:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy