SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Gods Glory in Barnsdall !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Gods Glory in Barnsdall !

We had our meetings last week, and oh how the Lord blessed us. We saw so many lives changed. It was a small town of about 1500 and we had about 100 folks each night. We saw addictions broken, relationships healed, reconciliation, salvations, it was a glorious things. Every morning we had about a two hour prayer meeting then we went of and knocked on doors to share the Gospel. We had run-ins with evil, we had divine appointments and the people themselves of the little church were envisioned. They had taken an old run-down theatre, which had been empty and gutted for almost 15 years, with no power and full of trash and no sheet rock on the walls or carpets on the floors, and turned it into something in which we could have meetings.

They even had to wire it as there was no power. What was totally symbolic to me was that Brian had came from the " big," church that sat high on the hill, an impressive big brick building, bought and paid for, and he left that behind, and was now down smack dab in the middle of the town, taking the Lord to the people. Praise God its not about buildings, Stephen said that our God does not dwell in Temples made by hands, its about people. That old dilapidated building was hallowed ground. It was run down, it was derelict, it was borrowed ( for a week) and the Lord met us there, gloriously. Praise God that I too , at one point in my life, was run down, derelict, empty, and He came and filled me. In an age where churches are shutting down and becoming bingo halls, praise God for that building last week. Holy ground indeed, for where the Lord is, is Holy ground. Oh for eyes to see the glory of the living God and to look beyond human eyes and see as God sees. .............brother Frank

2010/11/24 15:22
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Gods Glory in Barnsdall !

Praise God brother,

It seems that is the way God likes to work.

To show strength with his arm; scatter the proud in the imagination of their hearts. To put down the mighty from their seats, and exalt them of low degree that no flesh should glory in His sight. If our Lord was born in a manger, why should we shy from worshipping in one.
Any place where God is in holy ground.

By the way, is there any recording for last night's prayer?
I don't think I saw it today.

2010/11/24 19:08Profile

Re:

Hey brother

I am sorry, there is no taping from last night. You are the second person to ask, and it was my fault, I did not hit the record button. We did have a good prayer meeting which ended up going till 10.30. This prayer meeting is one of the reasons I believe that the Lord showed up in His glory at Barnsdall. We have been praying for three years for revival and a core group of the prayer team was there in Barnsdall, including Pastor Brian who has missed the call maybe once or twice in three years. God is faithful, and what I believe He was saying to me in Barnsdall was that He was a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, and that those who are faithful in the " little ," things, He will be faithful and hear their prayers.

God worked mightily and we were very excited to see Him do that, yet we press on for revival. Prayer is not for the feint-hearted and it is a commmitment. God is a rewarder to those who have a commitment and believe that God is and a rewarder of those who press in. I am reminded that Evan Roberts prayed for between 11 and 13 years before he saw God move mightily............brother Frank

2010/11/24 19:39
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Gods Glory in Barnsdall !

Sad to say there is a great lack of desire to pray among professing believers. Tuesday night prayer call is God's answer to my desire to find a local group who are praying for revival, not exactly as I asked, but I think even better.
Lately I asked God to teach me how to pray. I don't think I even know how, Then two weeks a go I came across a book called " The hour that changes the world".

What a find and what a God we have. I truly believe that God wants me to pray according to the pattern the book lays out. Not to fall into a mechanical pattern, but there are so many important aspects in prayer that can be neglected if we don't have an organized prayer pattern in mind.

I do appreciate Tuesday night prayer and look forward to it.

God is good, and will hear the cry of His children who cry to Him day and night. It is a promise.

2010/11/24 20:15Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

I hear the Lord say, Take me to task and prove my will to save souls.

It is good to know Him and His power.

2010/11/25 7:03Profile

Re:

Thats right Buttermilk, God has a desire to save souls and to work in the lives of men, but where to find those whose whole hearts are given to Him that He can work through? Ah, but there is the rub! If we would turn to God with our whole hearts, we would see the power of God fall, of that I have no doubt..........brother Frank

2010/11/25 11:39
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Glory to God! Hallelujah! Praise His Holy Name. Someone mentioned, in another post, about missing the Jesus Movement days, which I am one. But it is happening now, today! Glory to God It happened in Barnsdall and is happening around the world too. And the brother who the Lord brought to him and his Church. Glory to God.

And my Church is preaching and having Church without walls for the homeless and reaching out to the community of unbelievers. We love You Lord, You saw us in our grossness and You loved us and delivered us and set our feet upon the Rock. And You are taking us to people You love and created. Jesus didn't die in vain. Glory Hallelujah! Raise up an army O God to share the good news - Jesus is alive and is ready, willing and able to set us free from sin. This is why He came to earth. Amen and Amen

PS Yes, dear Brother Frank, Please push the record button
-smiles- for us who cant join in on the Tues. prayer meeting. It is a huge blessing to part-take even if it is a day later. Glory to God. And that the Holy Spirit has no time line and kept you longer than normal. Praise Jesus - He loves the prayers of the saints.

2010/11/26 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy