Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I Am Dying the Death

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

I Am Dying the Death

I am dying the death;
Not the death that all men die, no, but in the midst of the living - their flesh fully intact, their will firmly established, their pride unhindered; I am dying.

I am dying the death;
Not a natural death, for it is appointed unto men once to die, but I am dying daily, ye many times a day.

I am dying the death;
Not the quick and painless death that men hope for, no, not at all. It is a slow and painful process. Men would prefer to die in their sleep, but I am wide awake, fully aware of the things I am dying to.

I am dying the death;
It has not come upon me, as it does upon all living. I did not contract a disease. Old age has not crept up on me. This death I have chosen, ye I have prayed for and sought after.

I am dying the death;
Because I want to live, and I want to share this life with those around me.

I am dying the death;
That the life of Jesus may be manifest in my mortal body.

I am dying the death;
Being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit.

I am dying the death;
Because it is the only path to eternal life!

written by Chad Mellorn

2010/11/24 10:06Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: I Am Dying the Death

Sober. And sobering.

That's how it should be.

God bless.

2010/11/24 10:29Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: I Am Dying the Death

We who long for death in Christ are of those who desired eternity. "For they did not love their lives, even unto death". And, comes to mind, the beautiful quote from an author unknown:

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." (Heb. 11: 13-16)

Hands down...... my favorite scripture.

2010/11/24 11:03Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one.

Good word, Buttermilk.

Also,

2 cor 4:16 though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

This is the hope..

2010/11/24 12:28Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

Perhaps it's just a gift to me. But I perceive this thread pleases Him. For His joy covered me as I read the words. We are His! And He who does not lie has promised it. We will yet see the face of He who lives forever! And joy shall be the meal we sit at for eternity.

All praise to God in Christ Jesus.

2010/11/24 12:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy