SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 3 days = Infinity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
There is no sweeter salvation than that which comes through the darkest night.

There are good and true words, man. Codek, sometimes stuff looks rather hopeless. Look at king David. Promised the kingship of Israel from a young age, but he spend the next 20 plus years in misery, most of the time running for his life. Things probably looked pretty dark for him as well.

Keep on waiting and trusting in the Lord. Your time will come, if you stay faithful, and don't take your eyes off of the One through whom your salvation from this dark time will come. These words probably sound generic, but I can think of none other to give. Sometimes everything appears to go wrong before it goes right. I've tasted this myself. I hope it encourages you.

2010/11/23 23:05

Re:

Quote:
hi brother,i was too harsh in saying you are judgemental for i have a judgemental spirit to those who are judgemental.there is no such thing as sinless perfection in this life,that is why His mercies are new every morning...selah on micah 6 verse 8 and try to live in that light.jim

no worries. well there is too kinds of judgement right. I forgot the technical terms but there is a righteous judgement when something is wrong. Just like when Nathan corrected David, the prophets corrected the people, etc. I'm sorry if my comment came off like I was judging in a way saying I'm better than anyone. I'm not better than Joel Osteen, Paul Washer or even Adolf Hitler. I'm just trying to call out what's wrong because it needs to be done. Trust me I don't like to be the one pointing it out but I do it because no one else around me will do it.

btw, you can rebuke, judge me all you want. As long it is for correction and not as a "I'm better than you contest".

That kind of judgement is welcome.

2010/11/24 2:15

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
There is no sweeter salvation than that which comes through the darkest night.

There are good and true words, man. Codek, sometimes stuff looks rather hopeless. Look at king David. Promised the kingship of Israel from a young age, but he spend the next 20 plus years in misery, most of the time running for his life. Things probably looked pretty dark for him as well. Keep on waiting and trusting in the Lord. Your time will come, if you stay faithful, and don't take your eyes off of the One through whom your salvation from this dark time will come. These words probably sound generic, but I can think of none other to give. Sometimes everything appears to go wrong before it goes right. I've tasted this myself. I hope it encourages you.

Usually those words would be generic and ineffective but I think those words at this time were timely. I was about to give up again today, denounce God, pick up the remains of my shattered life and move on and try to get it back together on my own but after reading these posts I will hang on for another day

Those bible stories are true and so often we forget the hardship that Joseph, David, Abraham, Moses, Job and others went through. At church, they make being a Christian sound like there are never any problems for more than 5 seconds and that suffering means that you are a weak christian. But in actuality suffering means that you a genuine christian.

I'm sick of this. I'm 31 years old even though I sound a lot younger. My body is rejecting this suffering. I should've thought about marriage, family and the rest of what people my age thought about but God doesn't want me to do anything but just sit here and wait. I don't want to wait. (I don't want my posts to sound like I'm whining. I'm just being as honest as I can be.)

I just want to do it on my own. I can get myself out of this suffering but I feel He wants to me just sit here and wait................wait while my life passes me by.

It's a slow, painful suicide in the eyes of non-believers.

2010/11/24 2:28

Re: 3 days = Infinity?

Brother codek,

I appreciate your last post a lot. I know another 31 year old who has sacrificed everything in the hope of getting a PhD - for the last eight years - and he's just as unhappy as you are. We have had many conversations about what he has learned from the difficulties he's faced - many of which are in himself, rather than the task.

Quote:
It's a slow, painful suicide in the eyes of non-believers.

'Remember, it is the olive that has been crushed that brings the oil that heals others.'

[GaryE]

2010/11/24 7:07
Renoncer

Re:

Codek,
I believe God gave me a message for you. Pay careful attention:

For by a single offering He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," then He adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more." Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin. Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for us through the curtain, that is, through His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. But recall the former days when, after you were enlightened, you endured a hard struggle with sufferings, sometimes being publicly exposed to reproach and affliction, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one. Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, "Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
(Hebrews 10:14-39)

The Lord bless you and keep you.

2010/11/24 7:47Profile

When infinity kissed Earth.

"How does Jesus's 3 days in hell equate for an eternity in hell for people? If Christ only had to stay in hell for 3 days, shouldn't the penalty for humans be for only 3 days in hell?"..............CODEK.......................

Christ was without sin, and without judgment.He was never sentenced to Hell. There never was an equation, but an overcoming of the grave, AND A SACRIFICE. He died to defeat Hell, and it , being God's judgment for sin and the sinner, had no power over Him. He's the only one who could, being all man, and all God.

For those who he chose, and who received His sacrifice, Himself; He made a path, a WAY, to eternal life and Heaven. He did not have to do this, but did so willingly.

"For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."Psalm 16
He led captivity captive unto Himself. He obtained the keys to Death and Hell.
JOHN 16
16. "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."....................JESUS

WHY DID HE HAVE POWER TO TAKE IT AGAIN? Because He was without sin, and the only reason he went to hell was to triumphantly lead those in PARADISE out; of the old world; "ABRAHAM'S BOSOM" The scripture says that this was very public, and triumphant.

Here is a thought to consider about the Death, descent, and ascension of Jesus.

8. "All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9. If anyone has an ear, let him hear."

There was infinity involved in the Crucifixion. The blood was Eternal blood. "Before the foundation of the World." This happened before Adam, before man. All of the Law of moses, and the traditions of the old world....{ABRAHAM] REFERRED TO THIS....THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD.

Remember when the bible talks about 30 minutes of silence in heaven?...and the severe darkness that came upon the cross?; so much weight of eternity that the Centurion cried out, and believed?

I believe that this is when Eternities met; the cross given to Jesus before man was, manifested in Jerusalem then..eternity, or infinity, kissed earth during that time you speak of.

Thank God it did, and Jesus for choosing to suffer and die for all in the world, and the Father for giving His only begotten Son for US! God will not leave our soul in Hell, though we so deserve it! We are covered by the BLOOD!

2010/11/24 9:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy