SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 3 days = Infinity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Just to clarify:

Jesus didn't go to hell after the cross; He suffered hell on the cross, in that hour of darkness.

Be careful of translations that translate "hades" as "hell". Jesus went down to "hades", not "hell". Hades is the realm of the dead.

Brief explanations:
1) To the thief on the cross, He said TODAY you will be WITH ME in paradise.
2) Jesus preached to the spirits who were NOW in prison, in THAT SAME STATE (departed from the body, alive in the Spirit). But, the preaching happened IN THE DAYS of Noah.
3) It was on the cross that Jesus was made sin for us. It was on the cross that Jesus cried out, "Why have You forsaken Me?" However, when this was over, He said, "Into Your hands I commit My spirit". The agony was over.

I just wanted to offer this clarification in order to avoid serious misunderstandings. I do not intend to argue. Test everything. Keep whatever is good, abstain from every form of evil.

Your servant in Christ,
Renoncer

2010/11/23 19:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
I think you are thinking too hard, trying to figure out too many things. I suggest you focus on the LORD Jesus, allow his spirit to live within and be open to his teaching. There are many things one does not understand but with time illumination will come. And until that happens just know that what God decides will be better then anything you or anyone else could do or figure out. Knowledge and wisdom reside in the Godhead and it will be perfect.

Thanks ginnyrose. I am trying too hard. The reason that is because I don't feel I have a relationship with Christ right a lot of times. Just to clarify a bit, I'm doing all of this to try to have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. I'm not doing this to know everything. I just want a RELATIONSHIP with Him. I really don't want to try this hard.

I don't have a good foundation with Jesus. My foundation has been rocked so hard that now I question everything and I trust no one. I can honestly say I don't trust the christians in my life. The christians in my life think there is nothing wrong with what Rick Warren, and sometimes even what Joel Osteen preaches.(I'm not against these people, I pray for them, what they teach is wrong, not all of it but some of their doctrine is off.) A couple of them at church know the truth and do NOTHING about it and tell me I'm very brave and try to not associate with me because it hurts their social standing. (That's why you always judge a person's character by their actions and never their words)

Everyday I tell myself to just give up and quit and that there can't be a God because everything is so messed up. God will not allow you to be the only christian you know.

I honestly can understand how those prophets felt when everyone was against them. I've lost all my friends because I didn't keep my mouth shut. I'm not a socially dysfunctional person but because I always try to speak truth ,love, and seek justice, it really kicked me in the behind.

I want to barf everytime I go to church. Now I go and just learned to shut my mouth and go along cause I can't do anything about it anyway. People are sick of it and I get no backup from God. He doesn't say a word.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but basically

-I don't really know God.

-I'm trying to strengthen my relationship with God by doing all this(praying, reading bible(as an act of worship), fellowship, talking to God any chance I get) and nothing works.(all my efforts are to have a relationship with Him but He is very cold to me right now and pretty much all my life. That's why I was so angry with Him cause I gave up a lot and I trusted Him)

-God has to show up in my life or I'll be forever lost.

-I'm running on fumes right now and I feel God really just manipulated me and made a loser here and then He just ups and leaves.

-I can't do this much longer. It's killing me inside.

2010/11/23 19:56

Re: 3 days = Infinity?

Quote:
can't do this much longer. It's killing me inside.

If you reckoned yourself dead already, might that not help?

Hebrews 4:11 [His rest]
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Isaiah 45:11
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Genesis:32
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day... 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. {Peniel: that is, The face of God} 31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

Come, O thou Traveler unknown,
Whom still I hold, but cannot see!
My company before is gone,
And I am left alone with Thee;
With Thee all night I mean to stay,
And wrestle till the break of day.

I need not tell Thee who I am,
My misery and sin declare;
Thyself hast called me by my name,
Look on Thy hands, and read it there;
But who, I ask Thee, who art Thou?
Tell me Thy name, and tell me now.

Yield to me now, for I am weak,
But confident in self-despair;
Speak to my heart, in blessings speak,
Be conquered by my instant prayer;
Speak, or Thou never hence shalt move,
And tell me if Thy Name is Love.

’Tis Love! ’tis Love! Thou diedst for me!
I hear Thy whisper in my heart;
The morning breaks, the shadows flee,
Pure, universal love Thou art;
To me, to all, Thy bowels move;
Thy nature and Thy Name is Love.

My prayer hath power with God; the grace
Unspeakable I now receive;
Through faith I see Thee face to face,
I see Thee face to face, and live!
In vain I have not wept and strove;

I know Thee, Savior, who Thou art.
Jesus, the feeble sinner’s friend;
Nor wilt Thou with the night depart.
But stay and love me to the end,
Thy mercies never shall remove;

Contented now upon my thigh
I halt, till life’s short journey end;
All helplessness, all weakness I
On Thee alone for strength depend;
Nor have I power from Thee to move:
Thy nature, and Thy name is Love.

Lame as I am, I take the prey,
Hell, earth, and sin, with ease o’ercome;
I leap for joy, pursue my way,
And as a bounding hart fly home,
Through all eternity to prove

2010/11/23 20:21
jimp

Re:

hi,judgeing others has an awful price. you doubt because you have set your self up as a judge and not a man of faith.joel osteen or rick warren have no influence in your life unless you make it your business to get involved in theirs either by judgeing or following.let Jesus take care of everyone else and you just put your trust in Jesus alone and not worry about anyone else.you will stand before Him one day alone...joel will not be with you or rick or anyone at your church. what they do is their business and they will have to answer to God also naked and alone.Jesus came not to condemn the world but to save it and that is still the program...this includes rick and joel and codex and even me.jimp

2010/11/23 20:23Profile

Re:

Yes, Jesus was only made sin on the cross. "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit" (Luke 23:46) shows that.

Codek, Madefree's post is on the right track in answering your original question. There's something about Christ being God that made his suffering on the cross eternal, and yet he still suffered as a man. Perhaps this verse sheds some light on this topic:

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who THROUGH THE ETERNAL SPIRIT offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:14)

I'd also say there was something about the life of the One being offered. The cross was only the completion of what Jesus had done for 33 years- empty himself, deny himself!

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53:12)

"But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Phillipians 2:7-8)

Christ's life, which he offered up through the Eternal Spirit, was worth as much or more to God, as the lives of all men suffering in hell forever would be. I believe this would be the significance of the blood of Christ, as "the life is in the blood" and why redemption can only come by Christ's blood. (Ephesians 1:7)

I hope sharing this is profitable to you in some way. I noticed your latest post while writing this, and I want to encourage you that Jesus shows up and works when all hope in ourselves is lost. Don't give up on Jesus though to come through for you. Every miracle in the gospel of John illustrates this. Looking at those may be profitable to you. Praying for you.

2010/11/23 20:25
Renoncer

Re:

Codek, if you are struggling because sin and hypocrisy abound around you, take heart in the fact that God's justice will be served. However, this is only good news for those who are found in the righteousness of Christ.

O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you (2 Chronicles 20:12).

As for having a relationship with God, you should know that God is much closer to you than you think. Please read through the Prophets (Isaiah through Malachi) and see how much He speaks about His response to evil, suffering, injustice, hypocrisy, false worship, idolatry, and every sinful thing that abounds. God is NOT SILENT on these issues. He has spoken FOR YOUR PERSONAL ENCOURAGEMENT (Romans 15:4).

He regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer. Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD (Psalms 102:17-18).

2010/11/23 20:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
...I want to encourage you that Jesus shows up and works when all hope in ourselves is lost.

I heard this many times but why does he wait for all hope to be lost.

Right now, I don't have that much left. Unless you want me literally sell the clothes off my back and live in the streets. I'm not homeless or anything of that sort but I did lose my job and had to move back in with the parents. My savings is gone. God doesn't want me work right now and that's why I don't have a job. So I'm waiting for Him and I'm surviving for now.

2010/11/23 21:25
Renoncer

Re:

There is no sweeter salvation than that which comes through the darkest night.

2010/11/23 21:33Profile
jimp

Re:

hi brother,i was too harsh in saying you are judgemental for i have a judgemental spirit to those who are judgemental.there is no such thing as sinless perfection in this life,that is why His mercies are new every morning...selah on micah 6 verse 8 and try to live in that light.jim

2010/11/23 21:47Profile
4hearts

Re:

What are you focused on? or who....Christ does not want your heart...he will GIVE YOU HIS.....can you die to self? You got to give it up................2 get on. Blessing's on yah.

2010/11/23 22:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy