SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How Many Would You Have?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

How Many Would You Have?

Speaking with the Lord last night. The subject came up regarding goals. He asked me how many souls would you have? Stunned I pondered what to answer. I thought, 30 would be enough. But then I remembered the incident between Jehoash and Elisha:

"Then he said, “Take the arrows,” and the king took them. Elisha told him, “Strike the ground.” He struck it three times and stopped. The man of God was angry with him and said, “You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times.” (2 Kings 13: 18, 19)

I was given reason to ponder who was asking me this question. I said to myself perhaps 5 million souls would be too much and the Lord would think me pompous. So I settled on a number and spoke it with boldness to the Living God. "10,000!", I said. I sat and waited to hear His reply.

"Have you remembered who you are?", he asked. Yes Lord I remember who I am. And there was more pause. By now I was getting a bit nervous. But my God has billions to His name. What is ten thousand?

What has happened after that is between the Lord and I. But I ask you all. Have you considered presenting your case before the Lord of Glory in this regard? I tell you a truth, it went well for me with Him. And He is pleased to give souls that the fires of hell might not be kindled.

Reach! Hope! Dare! He is God!!!

2010/11/23 16:19Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy