Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Things to come

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
davidc

France

Things to come

Things to come.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:35-39 (KJV)

Sorry, this is not a thesis on the last days. We live today and will carry on living until we sleep in Christ or He comes to take us. But until that day, our future is to us an unmapped road. Whatever we meet on that road, Paul was fully persuaded by the Holy Spirit that we are and will be more than conquerors through Him that loved us. Whether we suffuer tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakednes, peril or sword, nothing can come between us and the love of Christ for us.

Most of us are persuaded, like Paul, that death, (which has been conquered); live, (which is an opportunity to do God's will); the devil's powers, (his head has been sorely bruised); and things present, (His peace in our hearts); can only bring us closer to Christ.

But what about things to come. Are we persuaded that our future is in His hands. Or are we concerned about our slow growth in the Lord and that we can never be rid of all the thoughts of the flesh and be fully sanctified; that we might slip up or backslide. Do we doubt our future? Paul didn't. He knew that the same Christ Jesus who had begun His good work in him would perform His work to the day of Christ.

To Paul all these things which would come across him in life were just that "things". And He wrote "Nay, IN all these things, we are more than conquerors.

My precious brother and sister in Christ, be fully persuaded in you heart of the love of Christ for you. Nothing, no thing can seperate us.

David

2010/11/22 18:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Things to come

AMEN!! When JESUS holds us in HIS
hands and keeps our destiny; we
need not worry over things to come!!
I know HIM whom I have believed;
and I know HE holds the future !!

2010/11/22 18:57Profile
sojourner7