SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

As you read passages like Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22, and other portions of prophesy, and you see all that He suffered there at the hands of wicked men to redeem them, and you consider that you were one of the ones that handled him so cruelly by your own constant sinning, that YOU had your hand on the hammer that drove in those nails--you should be humbled. I know I have. Indeed, God has broken me with that.

Paul Washer has been given a great gift from God for expounding the Gospel with passion and fervor, not leaving it in the hands of foolish religionists that transform the glorious doctrine of Atonement into a fifteen-minute "Bible story". Let us remember the cross, and what we did to put Him there.

"Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world!" Hallelujah.

2010/11/23 11:36Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

If you have not listened to this yet...please do. How callous I have been to the message of the cross.

2010/11/23 11:57Profile

Re:

Read Lamentations 3 for further description of what Jesus went through for you and I.

2010/11/23 12:22

Re:

Quote:
I want to say something in my church about this but feel that i will be misunderstood and victimized.

Welcome to the joys of taking up your cross and preaching the Gospel. The Romans didn't call for Christ's death, the "church" of the day did. They didn't treat Christ too kindly. We can hardly expect better, if we want to be like Him.

2010/11/23 12:51
roadsign

Re: Prayer for Paul W.

Let us pray for Paul:

May the God of hope fill Paul W. with all joy and peace as Paul trusts in him, so that Paul W. may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Diane

2010/11/23 13:09Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hello AtG

Thank you for your reply

Not knowing the person and just going by the OP I cannot see where the speaker went from Abraham and Isaac to the Cross although that certainly seems to be the consensus here

I just don't understand why someone would stop at that point...... it is not as if the Son had not written His own epitaph from before the foundations of the earth were formed.

What really stops me and make me shake my head is the amount of persons who call upon His Name for forgiveness for their sins but then continue in sin........ absolutely amazing

Jesus did not die just so we could have a clean slate but so that after our Pentecost experience when we sin again through the Blood and His forgiveness of our sin(s) God would not force to turn away from us.

Therefore our sanctification could continue so that the point is reached where we are able to overcome sin and sin no more........ otherwise Christ would have died in vain because all do sin again even after being baptized in the Holy Spirit

Then there are those who look at Jesus hanging on the Cross and ask for forgiveness but never forgive those who sin against them

No wonder God said that we have robbed Him of His due....... I agree

Blessings

Doug

2010/11/23 13:10Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Brothers and sisters, I know this thread was started with the statement of Paul walking off the stage, which certainly invites speculation. However, I honestly think we would do our brother a much greater honor by searching our own hearts in response to what was said.

God looks on the inside, he discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart. That is his job alone. Ours is to respond to the division the sword generates. Analyzing the motives of Paul or the responsiveness of the crowd is virtually futile. You nor anyone else is responsible for other peoples motives. We are only accountable for our own. Each man must give an account to God...

2010/11/23 13:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I'm not convinced he walked off because of the people's reaction. It is futile to ever minister and look for some sort of outward response. We don't know what people are truly thinking and how a message may be used of God in their lives in the minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years to follow.

Some people are simply not in a place to hear what is being communicated (by revelation). They can't 'see' what is being said. God has to bring understanding to the heart. Think of the Masterful sermon Steven preached and yet Saul looked on as if it didn't even phase him. You would have thought those men would have been on the floor weeping. They were not.

Apathy is a response also just as weeping or anger. We must avoid the trap of thinking weeping is more effective than no reaction. Why? Because I have known of young men to weep all night, testify about it and backslide a few weeks later. We must be blind to outward responses. We may look at a person sitting through what we think is a message carrying all before it like Stonewall Jackson in the heat of battle- and get somewhat angry or discouraged about it. You have no idea how that message may be taken hold of by God to effect change in the hours and days and weeks ahead.

So we have to be careful in how we react to peoples reactions while preaching. Let God worry about peoples' apathy or disrespect. That's not our job. It is the road to discouragement. Share what God lays on your heart and leave the rest in His hands.

2010/11/23 14:57Profile

Re: Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Hi LesserLight,

Quote:
I just don't understand why someone would stop at that point......

He'd been speaking for 35 minutes. It's likely he had more time at his disposal. He began to cry, and decided to leave the room. He didn't come back. It was Wednesday last week.

Greg posted this thread on Sunday. Yesterday, according to a poster on p3 of this thread:
Quote:
his latest twitter update says he's wiped out and in the middle of a four day rest.

Which is what I suggested from how he sounded in the message. I don't think he had finished what was on his heart, but exhaustion overcame him.

2010/11/23 15:56

Re:

Washer is a Man.

He's got the guts to be stand up for the truth and be so bold about Jesus.

Sometimes, his messages a little too harsh sounding for me but I respect the man.

In an age where christian men are looked upon as wimps, I'm glad he stands up for the truth.

2010/11/23 18:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy