SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Wait a sec, isn't Master's College the one run by John Macarthur?

2010/11/22 6:34Profile

Re:

A lot of speculation going on. Maybe someone should just inquire of Paul Washer why he walked out. You folks are sympathetic towards Paul Washer, and thats fine... but at the same time everyone is casting judgement upon those in the audience. How can you do that?

I love Paul Washer, and I think it's probably a safe assumption that he walked out for good reason, but since no one on this forum so far was even there... who are you to pass judgement on the people in the audience? You all are judging the hearts of people you've never even met.

By the way, Paul Washer spoke at my church 2 years ago, so I'm no Johnny-come-lately when it comes to Paul. The man has a heart for God like few people today.

I'm just saying that there is a lot of self-righteousness on this forum at times... and it's showing through on this thread.

2010/11/22 8:47
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

Yes, the Master's College is run by John MacArthur, which actually surprises me that he walked off the stage there, seeing how much Bro. Paul respects John MacArthur. I listened to the sermon last night, and it really broke me. I can fully understand why he walked away if the speculated reason is indeed why he did. If they did not get what he was saying, and it caused him such sadness (you could hear him beginning to weep at the end of the recording) then I can fully understand. I would like to know why he did such a thing though, and if what we are guessing truly is the reason. HomeSkoolDad has a point, we must check our source on this.

2010/11/22 8:59Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
"and the Father slaughtered Him there"

Knowing what God has done in sending HIS only son to suffer and die for me, just the realization of the weight of these words and knowing it was because HE loved me even though I could never, ever, deserve that love makes me wonder shouldn't Christ Jesus be the focus, not Paul? Let God reveal what HE has for those that were in attendance be revealed to each in HIS time...for me the question is "Lord what do YOU have for me to see from this teaching? What is YOUR heart for me in these words, open my eyes to see!"

What is God showing you? What is HE opening your eyes to about your own walk, relationship with the HIM?

I pray for all of us that have heard this teaching, then and now that we will not allow worldly speculations or distractions to take the focus from Jesus...HE alone is deserving of our attention!

rdg

2010/11/22 9:51Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

The measure of His sacrifice for you will be the measure of your willing surrender to Him in all things.

Andrew Murray

2010/11/22 10:37Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

In thinking about what God is showing me through this teaching I think its not to ever get to a place where I become complacent in my walk with HIM. Never to take for granted the incredible sacrifice that was made for me. God in HIS mercy and love gave HIS only son so that I might live!
I'm nothing and yet HE loved me how can I not respond to HIM.

God Bless
mj

2010/11/22 11:30Profile
learn

Re:

[by MaryJane on 2010/11/22 8:30:08

Greetings

In thinking about what God is showing me through this teaching I think its not to ever get to a place where I become complacent in my walk with HIM. Never to take for granted the incredible sacrifice that was made for me. God in HIS mercy and love gave HIS only son so that I might live!]

MaryJane,
If we keep seeking Him in prayer and bible study, we will never be complacent. Instead He will share His burden with us and it will be a painful one.

2010/11/22 11:53Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
shouldn't Christ Jesus be the focus, not Paul?

Good word Rainydaygirl. It is all about Jesus!

And whatever Paul's reason was, I sure don't know, is between him and God. We are to obey God and leave the results to Him. If God told him to preach there and he did fast and pray before hand then the results are in God's hands. If God told him to leave - then the results are in God's hands. And if he was not obeying God then God will deal with Paul.

But we do pray for all the seeds that were planted and watered that day. That the Lord would give the increase. We pray that all seeds fall on good soil and be watered. Yes, Lord because You are worthy. Glorify Yourself in this situation Lord. And what the enemy planned for evil we all pray You will turn it to Your good. In Jesus Precious Name.

2010/11/22 12:36Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re:

I haven't listened to the message yet, but his latest twitter update says he's wiped out and in the middle of a four day rest.

2010/11/22 13:17Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

I cannot hear the sermon but as I read the OP ...... the speaker was talking about Isaac and Abraham and that the father just slaughtered him there ........ maybe the guy got ticked off because Abraham did not slaughter his son and nobody caught an intentional mistake

Possibly?

Doug

2010/11/22 13:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy