SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Which link? The SI one, or the YouTube one?

2010/11/21 20:29

Re: Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

The one Greg supplied in this thread; leads to the page where the sermon is posted. Normally, that sermon URL will download safely, or, open in MediaPlayer itself.

I've downloaded as well as trying the latter, and both times I'm informed there is a fault in the link. It looks right though, so maybe my system has a glitch at this moment.

2010/11/21 20:33
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-14

Praise God!

2010/11/21 20:34Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Alive to God,
If it's still not working, it's also available here.
http://www.masters.edu/pulpit/files/2010/Fall-'10/20101117-PaulWasher-mp3

2010/11/21 20:39Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,i never have spent a more profitable 45 minutes ...thank you jimp

2010/11/21 20:52Profile
dougr777

Re:

Where is the YouTube video link?
Doug

2010/11/21 22:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Some wondered why Paul left the stage. Here is what I gained from the above article.

Paul had preached about Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac and concluded with "and the Father slaughtered Him there". He looked around and the audience did not comprehend what he was telling them. He saw blank looks, then as he walked out people started to clap...

I understand that Paul sensed that these people were not getting it. Their minds were closed to the awesome message he was sharing. Paul felt deeply about this message but the audience were apathetic to it. This must have effected him so deeply that he could not stand it, hence his walking out on them.

This is how I understand the writer of this email. Am I wrong?

ginnyrose

2010/11/21 22:38Profile

Thanks, StarofGod,

I think it's my MediaPlayer. I've now listened to part of it (beginning and ending) on a different system, until tomorrow, as it's late now.

This message sounds similar to what he shared at the Welsh conference, which was preached to a more mature congregation. But he finds it hard to imagine the Father taking His Son's life on the cross, when he thinks of his own children. And, I think he sounds tired. But I could be wrong. Maybe not tired, but fragile. Which is not a sin, or a bad thing, but it could explain him being unable to continue.

2010/11/21 22:47
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I have now listened to this sermon. Is this the actual recording of the sermon where Paul walked off the stage?

2010/11/21 23:25Profile
beatenpath

Re:

I don't blame Paul from walking out. Good for Paul for doing what he does best which is follow Christ even if it means walking out from speaking to a group of apathetic listeners. Good for him.

2010/11/22 2:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy