SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Saints,

I received this message and she is reffering to this message paul just preached recently:

The Depth of the Gospel - Part 2 by Paul Washer
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=21128&commentView=itemComments

---

Hi Everyone,

I had a very surreal and surprising privilege of hearing Paul Washer live this past Monday and Wednesday during chapel at The Master's College. The sermon on Wednesday today was mainly on Flavel's writings. He built it up with the story of Abraham and Isaac, and at the end he said something like, "and the Father slaughtered Him there". He paused to look around the room for several moments, and when he saw nothing but blank stares from the audience, he walked off of stage towards the doors. As he was going out, a couple of people started to clap, and he came out and said, "No, don't!" and walked outside in tears. There was nothing for a minute or two but a bewildered silence. There were some students that were laughing, some were walking out, and some were waiting to see if he would come back. When it was obvious that he wouldn't come back, more people left except for a handful. As the auditorium emptied, I can see that there were a few huddles of students crying and some were just sitting with their heads down in prayer weeping. As unconventional as Paul Washer was walking off of stage today, it brought sadness to my own heart I as well as most of the people there shared the shame of our apathy for the cross.

Below is the link of the two sermons. I hope you'll find the time to listen to these. If you do, give me your opinion. To be honest, I'm still in a bit of shock.

God bless,

Denise
http://www.youtube.com/user/MustardSeedish

2010/11/21 19:07Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Maybe I'm not getting it, but why did he walk off stage?

2010/11/21 19:35Profile

Re:

Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit as well.

2010/11/21 20:03
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit as well.

Apathy for the cross is why he walked out.

"As unconventional as Paul Washer was walking off of stage today, it brought sadness to my own heart I as well as most of the people there shared the shame of our apathy for the cross."

2010/11/21 20:07Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

did you guys read the letter?! or listen to the message?

yes, thank you travis

2010/11/21 20:07Profile

Re:

Apathy for the cross is something to expect every time you ever open your mouth to speak the Gospel. Paul Washer knows this, and preaches a message of Christians who take everything about salvation for granted. This seems like no new response from the audience, which is why I'm confused a bit.

But apathy for the cross was only the authors spin on why he walked out, unless Paul Washer has commented recently on the subject.

2010/11/21 20:15
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, maybe the Spirit of the Lord told him to stop preaching and just leave. Such might preach louder than him continuing on in the pulpit.

2010/11/21 20:23Profile
therick2018

Re:

Just listened to the message, it is a rebuke to me because of the coldness of my own heart at times. This makes me think of the song I love Thy Kingdom Lord,,,

I love Thy church, O God.
Her walls before Thee stand,
Dear as the apple of Thine eye,
And written on Thy hand.

If e’er to bless Thy sons
My voice or hands deny,
These hands let useful skills forsake,
This voice in silence die.

Should I with scoffers join
Her altars to abuse?
No! Better far my tongue were dumb,
My hand its skill should lose.

For her my tears shall fall
For her my prayers ascend,
To her my cares and toils be given
Till toils and cares shall end.

True ministers of God are at times going to be at a loss for words and consumned with anguish over the fallen sate of this world. Over the lack of love and affection toward God. Oh that more men would be broken and contrite in heart toward God and weep for His Church!!

2010/11/21 20:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
Well, maybe the Spirit of the Lord told him to stop preaching and just leave.

That's really the best I can figure as well. However, I'd like to hear his side on it, if it ever becomes available to public knowledge. Maybe a follow up or something.

2010/11/21 20:27

Re: Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

I'm having trouble opening this link. Can't figure out why.

Can anyone else open it?

2010/11/21 20:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy