SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Watchman Nee's Prison Mate!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Koinonia2

USA

Watchman Nee's Prison Mate!

I saw an advertisement yesterday for a special event sponsored by "Amana Books," to be held in London (Wembley Conference Centre) in October at which Watchman Nee's prison cell-mate will be speaking. :-o

I don't have the details with me, but I'll post them soon.

I won't be able to go, but might anyone else? It sounds interesting! :)

2003/9/3 5:40Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re: Watchman Nee's Prison Mate!

Here is the text of the advertisement:

[i]We have reserved the Wembley Conference Centre Auditorium for a special event the afternoon of 5th October beginning at 3pm. We will be joined by seeking believers from Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, and Australasia, and we invite all of our Premier radio listeners and readers of the Living Stream Ministry publications to join us for this time.

There will be a fresh presentation of the ministry by brothers who regularly participate in our Premier radio broadcasts, and a special visit by Brother Watchman Nee's prison cell mate during the last few years of Brother Nee's life.

Thousands throughout the UK have responded to our publications because of the life and truth presented in them. For this event only, we will have a special gift of the first two volumes of the nine-volume Truth Lessons series awaiting all who pre-register for the event. These two volumes, comprising 368 pages, give an overview of all the important matters from Genesis to Revelation.

As has been our custom in our previous events, there will be no charge for this special afternoon together, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Please pray for a rich time of fellowship as we all pursue our dear Lord together.

Pre-registration can be done through the special form at our website, or by email, post or phone to:

Amana Books
Heckfield Place
Heckfield, Hook
Hampshire RG27 0LD

0118 932 6006

seminar @amanabooks.co.uk (email)

www.amanabooks.co.uk (website)[/i]

2003/9/8 3:51Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

Also, just thought I would add that I'm not promoting this or anything. I realize that the sponsors of this event are controversial to many Christians. I'm merely providing the information out of anyone interested in hearing Watchman Nee's prison cell mate.

Much grace!
DanielJ

2003/9/8 3:53Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

I would love to go, but since I'm on a completely different continent.....do you know if there will be recordings available after the event...audio or video or a transcript of some sort? I'm very interested as to what he has to say.

2003/9/8 11:59Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

Hi Chosen7Stone....

I'm going to write to the people organising this and ask. I'll let you know what I find out!

I'd like to know too!

DanielJ

2003/9/8 14:54Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: The Story of Nee's Prison Mate

His name is You-Qi Wu. Apparently, he became a Christian while he was in prison with Watchman Nee as his cell-mate. Wu testified that Nee had kept his faith even while he was in prison.

I found this information on:

[url=http://www.joyjunction.org/bulletin/forums/showthread.php?s=901b0da59ffd26f6db02b69272652d5b&threadid=474&highlight=watchman+nee]http://www.joyjunction.org...[/url]

2003/10/24 11:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: wow great info

Wow this is great info, thanks Agent001! :-D

I have posted the info in the watchman nee forum here also so people can interact and comment on specific things if they wish:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=629&post_id=3246&order=0&viewmode=thread&pid=0&forum=33#3246]Wu You-qi - Nee's prison mate for 20 years.[/url]

2003/10/24 11:58Profile
irstaxhelp

Re:

can you send me this url as I can't find anything?

2015/1/30 23:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy