SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Four in 10 say marriage is becoming obsolete

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Fooey! People know what marriage is. If a person is not married they are living in adultery or fornication-sin. The Bible says that these shall not inherit the kingdom of God, unless they repent. Just because so many do it does not make it right.

2010/11/29 18:39Profile

Re:

Thanks Ginny, but I was looking to hear from other posters on the matter. Thanks tho!

2010/11/29 20:30
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Thanks Ginny, but I was looking to hear from other posters on the matter. Thanks tho!

Hi Murray,

"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." Matthew 19:6

God joins a Man to his wife. Just like he joins Christ to his Bride.

"FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church." Ephesians 5:31-32

It is a mystery to meditate upon.
God Bless.

2010/11/29 20:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." Matthew 19:6

Ok this is where it gets sticky.

Now, what if you have a man and a woman who live together. They have children, they grow old together, not having any infidelity whatsoever, they die.

Where these two married?

2010/11/29 20:45
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

No, its called Adultery.

2010/11/29 20:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Where these two married?

No.

Marriage involves a "leaving and a cleaving." Check out the link I posted - there this concept is beautifully explained.

It is not a religious rite but a human one although religious people of all(or most) faiths have adapted it to some religious ceremony. This is why some will get married at a JP and know they are married.

ginnyrose

2010/11/29 20:51Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Now, what if you have a man and a woman who live together. They have children, they grow old together, not having any infidelity whatsoever, they die. Where these two married?

God will be the judge. He is the one who joins together. Not Man.

2010/11/29 20:56Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, we are to obey the laws of the land and the laws of God ...saying this i do believe that if two become one flesh they are married in the eyes of God."they would be marrying and giving in marriage"... this is serious business and that is why it is not okay to have sex outside the states laws which require a license and a ceremony.jimp

2010/11/29 22:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy