SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why True Protestants REJECT the pope!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Why True Protestants REJECT the pope!

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6846

2010/11/13 19:28

Re: Why True Protestants REJECT the pope!

How can you not reject anyone that purports to take Jesus Christ's place on earth temporally and spiritually?

My mother (who is Catholic) says, "there aren't protestants anymore. We don't call them that. No one is protesting today".

In some ways she is right. The local "Christian" radio channel was all gaga when the Pope was coming to America, this past January (is that when it was). I was a bit shocked. Not too much, just a bit.

Used to be that they were considered a cult like mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses, but what I am observing is that they are more and more accepted as Christians. Yet, they do not adhere to the doctrine of Christ. (There is another thread going on about the importance of doctrine).

They believe in human mediators (their clergy) between God and man, that you bring God inside of you by eating a wafer, that you can pray to dead people and that Mary intercedes for us. And there is more and more, ad nauseaum.

2010/11/13 21:39

Re:

Quote:
The local "Christian" radio channel was all gaga when the Pope was coming to America, this past January (is that when it was). I was a bit shocked. Not too much, just a bit.

The Catholic Church is no longer an adversary in these parts because no one is killing anyone over their faith. We have other fish to fry within our own organization, namely false doctrine, flighty birds, goats ducks and sheep.

2010/11/14 9:42

Re:

This has always been a point of contention for me. Christians, or so-called Christians I should say, are completely ignorant not just of scripture but also of history!

Listen loud and clear, the Catholic Church is no friend of true Bible believing Christians. And the current ecumenical movement, especially in America is apostate to the core.

As for Christian radio stations, I don't know about other stations across America, but WMIT in Asheville, NC (founded by Billy Graham) has regulated one of the most sound Bible teachers in America... John MacArthur... to 4am in the morning. Why? Because he speaks out the truth and is not afraid to call a spade a spade... particularly the Catholic Church. So they put him on the air at a time when hardly anyone is listening so that he does not "offend anyone".

You know what offends me? "Christians" who are too spineless to speak the truth... and instead suppress the truth.

2010/11/14 9:43
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I am so thankful for everything you all have said. I have been wondering about my thoughts on the Catholic Doctrine and your comments have really been confirmation.

It used to be that we hated the doctrine. I just read Reese Howells book and he looked upon the doctrine as extremely false and even a danger to the work of God.

My daughter married a Catholic and became one. She is in all the way. All I do is love her and pray. But we were invited to her in-laws house for Easter dinner several years back and her father-in-law was sitting reading a book, Protestants attack on Catholics. He never spoke to me at dinner or the whole time I was there. His own daughter could never step foot in his house or had communication with them due to the fact she was divorced. Then recently she repented and my daughter was in tears with joy that she has come back to the Church! Not Jesus, but the Church. Her hubby & family protected her from us "protestants" for years.

Then the Pope before this one came in and kind of united the two and all of a sudden we were tolerant of each other and it has been going on this way for a long time. I just don't get it still though. I watched the inaugurations thinking I would have an open mind. Maybe I am missing something here. But when I watched I was nauseated due to the pomp and well, it was just the opposite, total opposite of who Jesus is entirely. I had to turn it off and ask the Lord if this is of Him then please change my heart.

Even as a very young child I asked my Mother, why was the Pope so important. He didn't die for our sins. What about Jesus? She had no answer.

I know there are many who love our Lord Jesus and are saved but I guess I wonder how they can stay in a doctrine like this one when they read the Bible so much.
Why are there eyes still closed?

Please, I dont mean to offend anyone at all. I am saying the Doctrine is wrong. The people are deeply loved. I suggest we all ask the Holy Spirit to take us to Jesus and reveal Truth. I have asked Him that even before I knew Him.
God help us all to know You and Truth Dear Lord. Help us. And Glorify Yourself. Amen

2010/11/14 12:51Profile

Re:

How can a person be a "believer" if they do not understand who God is? The Catholic god is not the God of the Bible.

I'm not trying to be mean, believe me.

I hear all the time "I know a lot of Catholics who are saved!" Well, I can not judge another man's heart, I understand that. But people can not be Christians and believe any ol' thing (doctrine) that they want to, especially concerning salvation.

Are we prepared to say that there are saved Mormons or saved JW's... or saved Mormons? If not, then why are we willing to give a pass to the largest false religion in the history of mankind: The Roman Catholic Church?

2010/11/14 15:43

I have met one Catholic (who was raised Presbyterian, but married a Catholic) who I thought might be saved.

Catholicism is a cult, and is diametrically opposed to Christianity. It is wholly evil.
God bless,
Joel ><>.
2 Chronicles 7:14.

2010/11/14 16:18

Quote:
How can a person be a "believer" if they do not understand who God is? The Catholic god is not the God of the Bible.

I'm not trying to be mean, believe me.

I hear all the time "I know a lot of Catholics who are saved!" Well, I can not judge another man's heart, I understand that. But people can not be Christians and believe any ol' thing (doctrine) that they want to, especially concerning salvation.

Are we prepared to say that there are saved Mormons or saved JW's... or saved Mormons? If not, then why are we willing to give a pass to the largest false religion in the history of mankind: The Roman Catholic Church?

It's important to separate the people from the religious system. If you were a priest in a Catholic only community, and you came to know the Lord, would you just abandon your flock to whomever would come after you if you resigned, or would you stay, and do whatever was in your power to preach the truth while it was still in your power?

I don't know how we can possibly judge that a person who attends a Catholic church, is definitely not saved or vice versa. Only God sees the whole truth about their situation, hears their prayers, and knows their heart.

But I agree completely that the religious system is dangerous to souls who trust it, because it sets out to keep them in bondage to man, and to hide the truth that Jesus Christ died for ALL sin and ALL sinners, and there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven by whom we are saved.

Furthermore, it is not what they are now which will determine their eternal future, but what they are when they die. Same applies to us, as we sharpen our doctinal swords amongst ourselves, and polish our virtual armour.

2010/11/14 16:55
jimp

Re:

hi,we all know all these problems that church has with doctrines.but do not let their problem become your problem... i have seen hundreds of catholics get truly saved...i have even seen a homosexual,female impersonating, catholic get really saved...i even saw myself get saved...amazing grace...loving Redeemer...mighty Spirit...thank you Lord...but if you get so upset with the church someone attends and protects you will never see the people get saved and set free that attend that church . we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.leave the pope and coredemtion and transfiguration alone and talk to them about Jesus dying on the cross for them personally and allow the
Spirit to move ...jimp use their jerusalem bible and show them what it says about what it means to know Him.

2010/11/14 17:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
I hear all the time "I know a lot of Catholics who are saved!

Well, I hear ya brother on this and I think these particular catholics are really charismatic which is a whole lot different than what goes on upstairs in the main cathedral. In the basement the Spirit of God moves amongst open minded people that want God. But they get put down if they bring that to the real catholic church. While Pope John Paul welcomed the Spirit of God in the basement of his Churches, this current Pope wants to close those doors, and they are feeling the pinch of that already and they will have to make a decision, carry on with the motions of catholicism or burst out. I think they will do the latter.

2010/11/14 17:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy