Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The New Pilgrim Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The New Pilgrim Bible

[b]The New Pilgrim Bible[/b]
The New Pilgrim Bible carries on the rich legacy of the original Pilgrim Bible, but with additions that enhance its value. Oxford has revamped its 1948 edition with a new typeface and design, incorporating charts, maps, notes, a concordance, and subject index.

---

Does anyone know about the commentary and references in this edition? is it something worth while? I have never heard it until today I ran across it. Its published by Oxford so that peeked my interest.

2004/11/3 16:13Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: The New Pilgrim Bible

I'd never heard of it either. I've done a little web search. Apparently it was originally created for/by the Child Evangelism Fellowship for young (recent) Christians, hence the Pilgrim I suppose.

I found one derogatory comment. The CEF used to be somewhat anti spiritual gifts which would fit this complaint.

2004/11/3 17:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I found one derogatory comment. The CEF used to be somewhat anti spiritual gifts which would fit this complaint.

Yea it would be interesting to find an original printing of it from 1948. I will keep my eyes peeled when I have chances to check out used christian bookstores.

2004/11/4 10:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy