SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE MINISTRY AND THE MINISTRIES

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

THE MINISTRY AND THE MINISTRIES

One thing the LORD help me see concerning MINISTRY is that HIS MINISTRY IS ONE; and it is a growing INTO HIS FULLNESS. I believe their is a perversion of the word ministry in many today. Ministry to many mean doing things for HIM rather than Growing in to HIS HOLY DIVINE NATURE IN FULLNESS. In reality the totality of any work the LORD instruct us to do , is to bring man in to THE FULLNESS OF HIS DIVINE NATURE.. ...UNTO A PERFECT MAN, THIS is the absolute work of the ministry. One night the LORD help me to see the word ministries is wrong as the way many use it. To say ministries is like to mean their are different ministries. It is so wrong , their is a different manifestation and work of the Ministry, but to one goal , which is PERFECTION. It may be apostolic, evangelistic , pastoral etc but it is still one, and from the same Eternal ministry of the LORD.Why should we be using the Word ministries as if we have our own personal ministry different from the LORD MINISTRY. Do we forget the fact that the LORD Ministry is Eternal , working in us though HIS SPIRIT, to help us partake HIS DIVINE NATURE IN FULLNESS. The LORD help me see throughout my bible kjv that the word Ministries can never be found their. This help me see MINISTRY is not something we do, but it is a called to grow into the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
We are already in the MINISTRY FROM THE VERY DAY We give our lives to be mold and sharpen like Clay in the hands of the potter (The LORD ), to grow into the measure, of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
james f jarjou

2010/11/12 6:21Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: THE MINISTRY AND THE MINISTRIES

Amen. To me ministry is really Christ being revealed, formed, and expressed in and through us to a lost and dying world. Look at the Apostle Paul. His life of serving Jesus looked like Christ's life. That is why to Live is Christ and to Die is Gain.

2010/11/12 8:15Profile

Re:

The Lord set me free from performance oriented Christianity and doing, doing, doing, to being. If His character is not being formed in us then you can preach all you want but the receiver notices that something vital is missing. Regurgitating scripture verses and principles without the life of Christ in you, is pretty much just being a Pharisee.

Jesus, said do what they say but not what they do.

All through the Word, it is about knowing Him.

Western Christianity is more about "doing" great things for God rather than being a yielded vessel, who has given Him your whole heart and intent on knowing Him. If your desire is to know Him and obey Him from the heart, He will change you and Christ will be seen in you by others. People need to see Christ more than anything.

When the trials of life come, knowing Him is what is going to get you through. Resting on your laurels and achievments won't get you through anything except a banquet where you are the one being honored.

If you know Him you will be doing what He wants you to do, if you don't know Him, you will be doing what YOU think He wants you to do. You will be disconnected from the Vine and apart from Him you can do nothing (accomplish nothing).

Knowing Him = doing His will
Not knowing Him = doing your will (christianized, religious, will).

I appreciate you guys talking about this, because I have seen for such a long time that we relate to our parents, siblings and friends on the basis of performance and "what have you done for the Lord or what are you doing for the Lord", type of philosophy.

It's so good to rest in Him and to cease from all of our labors (own works and strivings).

2010/11/12 9:38
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:

Good words , Saints. Wonderful to see the Spirit teachings us the old Truth. The only foundation OF POSSESSING OF HIS KINGDOM. TO CEASE AND LET HIM WORK.

2010/11/12 10:54Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: THE MINISTRY AND THE MINISTRIES

James:

You are so correct brother. Eph. 4 tells us that each member of the body is to be doing the work of the ministry, and the way I believe God intends for us to do this is to partner with Jesus' ministry by doing whatever He tells us to do. It is often hard to bring the body to understand this concept. It is not only in America that we so often look at the ministry as some professional occupation. It is true that God has called some of us to full time equipping ministry as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers to bring the body into maturity, but the end result of that equipping is a body that is fully fitted out to do the work of he ministry. If we could only see this as the body we would stop simply living life and occasionally filling pews and we would be active in doing the work that God has called us to do empowered by the Holy Spirit.

2010/11/12 11:06Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:THE MINISTRY AND THE MINISTRY

Good word twayneb.

2010/11/12 11:09Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The work of GOD is that we
believe in the Christ, the
Son and Savior. The work of