SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : BibleWheel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Like Adisciple, I am keeping my heart open. Am constantly looking to see if he is changing God's Word. I do appreciate his insights and if I choke on a bone I will spit it out or may even need to invite you over for the Heimlich maneuver. I am getting some good chicken out of it. I see some bones. No problem.

I think it is good to be concerned and this brings up a good point and we should be wary about anything we use to study God's Word.

Would to God that we would hold men to this same scrutiny that purport to speak on behalf of God and lead thousands of people.

I am sure this thread will die out and I am glad everyone has kept their head and not lashed out with recriminations. I hate it when I see threads locked and brothers don't have a chance to work things out amongst themselves.

Sure glad we don't have "thread locker" in our home fellowship. ;-)

2010/11/13 18:53

Re:

Just so you guys know that I am not "weirding out". Also, I am happy to let this thread die out. Because I don't think any one thing should be "pushed" and "promoted" above God's Word. Here is what I believe.

Does God speak in secret? Do we need Bible Codes?
No, I don't think the scriptures support that.

Isaiah 45:19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spoke openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, where the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Do we need to know Greek and Hebrew to understand God's Word? No. That would mean only those educated in these tools would have knowledge of God. He is no respecter of persons.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

1 Timothy 5:21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

The Scriptures say that the mysteries that are referred to in God's Word are the understandings given by the Holy Spirit about the things of God--and there are things that we will only understand when we go to be with our Lord. All mysteries that we need to know are freely given by God to ALL who belong to Him.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which you have received of him stays in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.

God did not and will not hide the things we need to know in order to serve Him.

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them. [based on the OT prophecy (*1) Isaiah 6:8-10 ]

Lastly and most important. God's Word is given that we might know HIM. That is the sum of it, Knowing Him.

God bless y'all.

2010/11/13 19:51
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Amen to your last post, Pilgrim.

Also this:

Quote:
I hate it when I see threads locked and brothers don't have a chance to work things out amongst themselves.

Same here. But I do accept that there are times when certain things simply must be shut down. Sometimes things just get out of hand. The moderators have a difficult go of it at times.

Quote:
Sure glad we don't have "thread locker" in our home fellowship. ;-)

:)

2010/11/13 20:47Profile

Re:

Well, you are right and I will agree. The moderators probably exercise a lot of restraint before they actually "pull the plug". Many can be quite passionate.

Hope you are well, my friend.

2010/11/13 21:11

Re: BibleWheel

Quote:
The word Gilgal which means wheel or rolling has a numerical value of 3+30+3+30 = 66. The bible has 66 books.

The original King James bible had more than 66 books, it was the Protestants who removed the other books, it doesn't mean that they were right. Even the book of Enoch which Jude quotes from should be apart of the bible.

I am not putting down the bible wheel, I really don't have sufficient information to make such a call, but a friend of mine likes it and she's quite scripturally sound. But I just wanted to comment on the bible as not a complete set, there should be other books with it because it really helps in answering some questions that can't be found in any place accept these missing books.

2010/11/14 9:09

Re: BibleWheel

I've been thinking about this again, and want to acknowledge the comments about the number of books in the Bible, and whether, for instance, we should agree with jimp that it ought to be 70, by making Psalms into 5.

So tell me, until the Bible Wheel came into conversation, how many of us posters REALLY, in our heart of hearts, have been harbouring the thought that the whole of Christendom has really been in error for reducing the Bible to only 66 books? Be honest! Who loses sleep over this?

And, if someone asks you 'How many books are in the Bible?', who would give a pedantic answer, or, would you just say '66'?

That aside, the other thought I had was about the numbers Richard presents in the gematrical studies. When I was doing Math last, I had to work in decimal places ALL THE TIME, but all his work reflects that God is 1. Everything is in whole numbers, at an extremely simple level of calculation. There is no mystery here. No complicated formulae. Basically, nothing that I couldn't have grasped at primary school.

For me, the focus is all on the Word, and what more I can learn about what it means, and, how it was understood by those men who received it all those centuries ago.

2010/11/14 17:10
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are locking this thread. Please do not start the conversation up again saints. I feel enough has been discussed on this subject.

2010/11/14 17:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy