SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "When grace runs out"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
beatenpath

"When grace runs out"

Ever hear that term used when someone is serving in ministry for a while then they feel like it's time for them to move on? People would say, "Maybe their grace ran out." I was leading a bible study for about four years until I felt it was time to move on. Is that term used in the bible?

2010/11/10 5:11Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: "When grace runs out"

I can relate to your situation, I resigned from a youth pastoring job after being there for three years. I have never heard of Grace running out?, prehaps this is refering to the finite grace of man because God's Grace is infinite. I don't see my moving on as grace running out but as an opportunity to go deeper into grace. God has us and moves us according to His will and when we are in His will there is always going to be grace whether we feel it or not.

2010/11/10 5:26Profile
jimp

hi, where do we come up with these negative thoughts.i have a guess.His mercies are new every morning.grace;like the Holy Spirit does not ooze out.as long as you are in Christ you have peace with God.walk in the spirit and you will not have the flesh problem.God loves us and wants us to grow in Him.Jesus went to the cross once and for all and told us to go and preach the good news to bad people.jimp Gods Redemption At Christ' Expense...

2010/11/10 5:30Profile
beatenpath

Re:

^^^ no one is trying to be negative here. just making conversations with others on this site. i've heard that said a few times and it made me wonder where they got that from that's all.

2010/11/10 5:38Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, year after year and day after day i read these posts and i see a trend to the negative...i am sorry that my grief spilled out on you for i was not directing that to you.i live in a bible college situation and the youth seem to be getting more self centered and opinionated every year .i see this in the writings of a lot of the people. i loved al martins sermon at the meeting in Texas and wish i could verbilize as well my feelings...please forgive me if i offended you in any way. i do not want to add to the problem.jimp

2010/11/10 6:27Profile
castling

Re:

God says, "My grace is sufficient for thee". Let us be bold in holding onto Him.

2010/11/10 7:32Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

The term is not in scripture, the general concept could be drawn from a few things paul said, one being what the brother below just quoted.

However, I disagree with the phrase at it's core, due to the fact that grace cannot "run out", it is new every morning as the psalmist said.

People are supposed to hear from the Lord, and follow daily the direction of the Holy Spirit. If they leave a ministry, it should be because God told them to, not because they are tired, weary, or worn out. But if they began the ministry, it should also be because God told them to. If the Lord did not, then their labor is in vain, and their end will be to be totally worn out from their own labor instead of Christ's.

2010/11/13 13:11Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I have never heard the grace running out saying but I have heard, "this just isn't my calling."!!!

I've even used that one myself to get out of the children's ministry! (sadly). But let me explain... When my children were young, I ALWAYS had to help in the children's church or ministry.... I didn't feel I had to even though I was told to and after my children grew up, they were still trying to tell me I needed to. I don't think so.

I think every couple using children's church should all have to pitch in and do a Sunday, both men and women. Then everyone wouldn't be bogged down so much. Just saying....

2010/11/13 18:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy