SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians ‘on verge of extinction’ in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians ‘on verge of extinction’ in Iraq

A Muslim leader is calling on the Iraqi government and US-led forces to step up their efforts to protect the Christian minority in Iraq from extinction.
Navaid Hamid, Secretary of the South Asian Council for Minorities (SACM) and a Muslim, said the deadly attack last weekend on a church in Baghdad was a heinous crime that should be strongly condemned by the international community.

“With the murderous attack, the safety of Iraq’s Christian minority has become critical and it is the prime responsibility not only of the regime in Baghdad but also that of the allied forces led by [the] US to restore confidence and provide safety because never in the history of Iraq, minorities were so vulnerable [sic],” he said. ...

read more: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/christians.on.verge.of.extinction.in.iraq.muslim.leader.warns/27025.htm

2010/11/8 15:27Profile
jimp

Re: Christians ‘on verge of extinction’ in Iraq

hi, there are many secret cells in that area leading millions to Jesus...He is still the head of His church.

2010/11/8 17:59Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Christians ‘on verge of extinction’ in Iraq

We should pray for our brothers and sisters in these nations. maybe God would use our interceding for them to revive us. Most often, that is how it works in God's economy.

2010/11/8 20:23Profile

Re:

The Unseen Lord is at work in His Unseen Church.

Hebrews 13:13

2010/11/9 12:44
Shamefaced

Re:

I noticed when news comes of Christians being persecuted in these areas, they are often some type of catholic, is it more of a cultural thing? Also, what is the realtionship between Catholicism and Christianity? I see that they are lumped together in these types of stories.

2010/11/9 12:48Profile

Re:

The Vatican says they are THE true Christian church on earth founded by Peter (as commissioned by Jesus Christ) and successively passed down to other "popes" without ever breaking the line of succession. Catholics believe this and have sold it to the world for centuries and so, many media news services see Catholics and Christians as being synonymous. That's about it in a nutshell. And that is why you will see the word Catholic and Christian used interchangeably by the secular press.

2010/11/9 13:24
Shamefaced

Re:

So are Catholics who are persecuted in Iraq our brothers in Christ? Religious persecution of any belief system is wrong, but should we feel differently about these instances? I suppose that it would be like reading about Mormons being persecuted in that it is wrong but the kinship is not there. I've read in the Voice of the Martyrs and they seem to equate Catholics with Christians. Any thoughts or am I off on this?

2010/11/9 16:04Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, and we forbade them for they were not one of us and Jesus said forbid them not for whosoever is not against us is with us.
God looks on the heart of man while we look at the titles. i know more than most how absurd catholic doctrine is and how ungodly. i have seen thousands of catholics delivered and truly saved. i weep over a catholic martyr as i weep over those now imprisoned by our group. i am going to leave it up to Jesus to judge the duped but fervant enough in their love for Jesus to die for Him.if they are dying for their church than it is a shame to die in such a manner.jimp

2010/11/9 17:23Profile

Re:

Amen Jimp.

Not much to add to what you said, except God does not save religious institutions, He saves people.

2010/11/9 18:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy