SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Solitary marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Solitary marriage

Today I realized something about my marriage that has left me feeling overwhelmingly alone. I am in a solitary marriage. Please pray for me if you feel the Lord leading you too.
Thanks
rdg

2010/11/7 14:50Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Solitary marriage

You are never alone. The LORD
is near and with you always.
Can I ask if you were a believer
when you married ??

2010/11/7 15:18Profile

Re: Solitary marriage

Hi RDG,

My wife is not a Christian. Was married for ten years when I came to Christ. I understand what it means to be in a solitary marriage. Yet here is what I have found. The Lord has met every need. I have been driven closer to Him than I otherwise would have. I have learned, over many years mind you,to find everything I need in Him. Its not a process that came naturally, but by way of pain, yielding, surrender and love and the challenges continue. Yet I can say that He has never abandoned me, He has witnessed every tear, every moment of lonliness and His grace has been and will be sufficiant. My prayers are with you sister, He is able, He is willing, and He cares for us and He sees our afflictions. There is hope in Jesus.......brother Frank

2010/11/7 16:42
rainydaygirl

Re:

Hi

Yes both my husband and I are Christians, I think that is why I feel so alone. We never share the Bible, prayer, devotion, or teachings, nothing. My husband is an introvert personality type and is content to be alone.

Thanks for the prayer. I do know that the Lord is with me and that is the one thing that I find comfort in. Thank you Frank for your words of encouragement.

rdg

2010/11/7 17:20Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

How would you like us to pray??
For reconciliation ?? For unity??
I have a suggestion: Have you seen
the movie "Fireproof??" Watch it
together!! Remember what brought
you together?? Tell your Husband
you miss the one you married !!