SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Day of Rest & Thanksgiving

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

A Day of Rest & Thanksgiving

O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.

Let us come before His Presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods, in whose hand are the depths of the earth; the peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; and His hands formed the dry land.

Come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker, For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.... Psalm 95:1-7

Thanking my Lord for all He has done, for all He is doing and for all He will do. We love and appreciate You our Lord and King. Amen and Amen

2010/11/7 12:44Profile
mackaymarsh

Thanksgiving

Thanks so much for your post.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and time of year. It also happens to be our anniversary. It's a special time of year...to bring our thoughts back in sharp focus to all that 'God is' in our lives.

We, indeed, have much to be thankful! Amen!

2010/11/7 14:23Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: A Day of Rest & Thanksgiving

Speaking of Thanksgiving, here's some thoughts borrowed from Ron Bailey on the matter...

The idea of a Thanksgiving holiday is very attractive to the Christian but I wonder what atheists do in this day? The saddest sight on earth must be a thankful atheist. What does he do when he looks at the majesty of a sunrise or sunset and the granduer of the Milky Way? What does he do when he sees the perfect tiny little hand of a newborn babe, what does he do with that emotion?

The Bible links unthankfulness with idolatry, in Romans 1:21 it seems clear that those who are unthankful towards God and refuse to recognize Him as the giver of all good things, become futile in their thoughts and dark in their hearts.

It is almost impossible to keep a thankful man down and equally impossible to keep an ungrateful man up. Perhaps this is one of the keys to recovery in our nation. How do we get back on the right path? By giving God His rightful place in our hearts and lifting our voices to Him with praise and thanksgiving.

2010/11/7 14:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
The idea of a Thanksgiving holiday is very attractive to the Christian but I wonder what atheists do in this day? The saddest sight on earth must be a thankful atheist. What does he do when he looks at the majesty of a sunrise or sunset and the granduer of the Milky Way? What does he do when he sees the perfect tiny little hand of a newborn babe, what does he do with that emotion?

I would love to hear a response from an atheist on this matter! On the other hand, I have read their responses to news item on the web and am shocked at their anger, vitriolic mindset. So, I am left wondering whether they even have the ability to appreciate God-created beauty? If there is beauty, or something that seems unfathomable they will chalk it up to natural processes....seems to me that a Believer has a grater capacity to enjoy beauty then an unBeliever because he refuses to give God the credit for his role in providing it for our enjoyment and His pleasure.

But the question still remains, does it not?

ginnyrose

2010/11/10 5:02Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Even though it is close to "Thanksgiving Day" And I love that day too with family & friends & our Lord. And a special "Happy Anniversary" to you!

But I posted that Scripture because I take one day a week to only give thanks to our Lord. I don't intercede or ask Him for anything. Just thank Him for all the prayers He has heard during the week. I thank Him for working mightily, for moving and intervening in people's lives I have prayed for. I thank Him for the provision, revelations, salvation's, the mighty work of the Holy Spirit in peoples lives, for protection from evil and it is a glorious time with burdens lifted knowing that all is well in the hands and arms of my Lord. It is a day of thanksgiving, praises and worship to Him. It is truly a day of rest and thanksgiving one day per week. Gory to our God

2010/11/10 14:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy