Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : True Humility - Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

True Humility - Nee

From "The Lord my Portion" for November 5 by Watchman Nee

Oh, Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is the poorest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house. Judges 6.15.

It is relatively easy to be humble before God; but to be humble before men or to esteem others as more excellent than oneself is extremely difficult. To say I am the least is comparatively easy, but to confess that I am the least in my father’s house is not easy. To acknowledge that my father’s house is the poorest is not too hard, yet to admit that my father’s house is the poorest in Manasseh is most humiliating. He whose face shines and is unconscious of it, though others can see the light of his countenance, is an overcomer. All who look at mirrors in an attempt to see the light on their faces are definitely not overcomers. Although David was anointed, he looked upon himself as a dead dog (1 Sam. 24.14). Overcomers are those who have the reality of, yet not the name of, overcomers.

CFP Newsletter & Daily Devotional

2010/11/5 9:32Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: True Humility - Nee

Quote:
To acknowledge that my father’s house is the poorest is not too hard, yet to admit that my father’s house is the poorest in Manasseh is most humiliating.

How odd, yet very true.

How many of us not hesitate to admit that we are sinners, defiled, depraved, while getting all defensive when we are confronted by our brethren of some particular sins we have committed against them.

True humility carries the cross of shame, not generally but particularly. not with the mass of humanity where can I easily be hidden, but alone as if I were the only sinner that ever lived.

2010/11/5 11:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"True humility carries the cross of shame, not generally but particularly. not with the mass of humanity where can I easily be hidden, but alone as if I were the only sinner that ever lived."

Amen! The Apostle Paul had such great revelation of the Lord Jesus and the Church, yet he referred to himself as "the chief of sinners."

2010/11/5 12:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy