SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Glory to the newborn King!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Glory to the newborn King!

In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night.And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:8-12

This is Good News indeed! Jesus was born, laid in a manger, and humbled himself unto death on a cross to bring peace between God and man. Peace that surpasses all understanding. He is our treasure. Rejoice! Make melody in your hearts.

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,"Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased." Luke 2:13-14

Hark! The herald angels sing,
“Glory to the newborn King;
Peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled!”
Joyful, all ye nations rise,
Join the triumph of the skies;
With th’angelic host proclaim,
“Christ is born in Bethlehem!”

-Charles Wesley

2010/11/4 7:36Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Glory to the newborn King!

I heard, some years ago, that since Jesus was the Lamb of God, it was right that He was born in a stable. A lamb is not usually born in a home or hospital.

That's just a thought.

There was something else I saw in the verses given. But since it is not unusual for things to go off topic or to end up in heated debate, I'll leave it.

God bless.

2010/11/4 8:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy