SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Religioius and Lost

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Religioius and Lost

I've got to reading Franks message on the Presence of God and after an evening of contemplation, I think I have come to the conclusion that I think I am religious and very much lost.

I have been posting randomly like a person without direction.

Of course repentance is the answer, but I think I am too weary to lift my voice as I am disgusted as to how this happened.

I am exposing myself and putting myself out there, I realize that, maybe that's a good thing, also, I wanted to let you all know that this man is weak and tired. Not looking for pity, looking for prayers from all the godly men and women here on si.

The way that I have been posting in the forums is really out of character for me. If you knew me in person, you'd love me, that I am sure.

I covet your prayers,

2010/11/3 20:44
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Religioius and Lost

That was precious to read, Snuf.

"The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit" (Ps. 34.18).

"The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth" (Ps. 145.18).

2010/11/3 21:12Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Come unto Jesus, all you who are lost, weak, tired of religion, weary and burdened with sin and spiritual hypocrisy. Come unto Jesus Christ and He will give you rest from it all. Come and learn of Him, for He is gentle and meek and of perfect understanding of any situation or condition you may find yourself in. He never scolds or upbraids the weary sinner seeking release. Man's yoke is difficult, his burden heavy, impossibility abounds; Christ's yoke is easy, His burden is light, and all things are possible.

Come and taste of His love and mercy and goodness. He is so kind, dear brother.

Brother Paul

2010/11/3 21:13Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Come to JESUS just as you are;
HE knows your heart and sees
your desperate need of a Savior!!
HE does not turn you away!!

2010/11/3 21:57Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Dear precious Lord, this is one of the most amazing things I have ever read here. Praise Jesus! A malleable pot!

You are most certainly in my prayers brother.

God only gives grace to the humble.

Blessed are the poor in Spirit.

2010/11/4 0:35Profile
knitefall

Re:

Amen my friend. I got your back - it seems our Father has been dealing with us all about deeper things lately. Discipleship is increasingly becoming more important. It is obvious that as time moves on, deception and foolishness will run rampant and the self governing Christian disciples will be few.

2010/11/4 0:40Profile

Re:

A broken and contrite heart He will not despise.

The fragrance of brokenness is a rare scent these days and the Lord is very much blessed by it and we are, too. You are washing His feet and all of ours with your broken alabaster box, brother.

This is the shaking that is happening in many hearts, today, mine included. You are in my prayers. Will be easy to remember, I need the same prayers. Let us stay broken.

2010/11/4 8:00

Snuf,
how i love you, sight unseen, how i love you in the Lord, sight unseen.

the men and women of God who are so authentic, broken, trusting in Jesus, who fearlessly cast themselves upon the Mercy and Love of God, and cast themselves out there PUBLICLY before the Body of Christ...us, to trust as such, truly i say, as the Lord is my Guide, you are near the Kingdom of Heaven, and He will not disdain one word of your heartcry, nor do i.

how could i? for we are all wed and joined fearfully in the Holy Spirit, joined in that the torment of the Cross. dead, yet alive in Jesus.

how could i not love you? how could i not pray for you?

i love when the saints "put themselves out there", and be real, because that is the REAL Witness of Christ and Him Crucified, Resurrected, and come to live in us: Perfect Agape Love, walked out, even on this 21st century medium.

you always have me as a loving brother, you always have my prayers, in Jesus' love, neil

ps....isnt the God the Holy Ghost a Most Marvelous Counseler! His Wonders are new everyday!

2010/11/4 10:00

Re:

just a short thought to everyone on this thread:

Something is happening among us spread so far apart.

Something So Wonderful, my mind cannot grasp, but my spirit is just beginning to apprehend, and human words cannot begin to express This Divine Truth......Today.

this is what came to me, as What is happening among us:

"Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who shall stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.
He will receive blessing from the LORD
and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek the face of the God of Jacob."

(Psalm 24:3-6)

that aint 'religion', that's desperate God Hunger, coz we're starving. More Jesus, please Lord, more. amen.

2010/11/4 10:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Perhaps this verse will minister to your need, not just yours but all of us:

1 "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1,2 NASB

God bless you...

ginnyrose

2010/11/4 10:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy