SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Needing some prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Needing some prayer

My wife and I are going through some difficult times with the church and would like some prayers in regards to the direction and actions we ought to take. We have already resigned as Youth Leaders and Praise Leaders per request of the head pastor because we didn't agree on the "doctrine of tithe."

I had and still have great peace about leaving but am struggling with doubt and probably hurt feelings as to the steps that took place for us to resign. I love the Lord and I love the church and leadership as Brothers and Sisters in Christ, but I wish to know what to do and need direction from the Lord. I know He will guide me into all truth and I will rest in Him despite the circumstance.

I appreciate all that prayer for my family and I, Thank you.

2010/11/3 7:48Profile

Re: Needing some prayer

Matthew, Jesus loves you. i love you. May the Holy Spirit fill your heart with comfort, as well as your wife's.

all sorrow, and pain is but an opportunity to recieve Holy Ghost heart teaching, and to learn the impossible Love of Christ Crucified.

No accidents in God. in Jesus' love, neil

2010/11/3 8:39

Do you feel that the Lord wants you both to start something in your home in regards to a home Church? I know your seeking direction, but do you feel an inclination toward that?

2010/11/3 9:25
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Matthew what part of Kansas do you live? if i may ask..

2010/11/3 10:19Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Matthew,

Bro, two things are ringing in my mind...

We really are sentimental about these things but know that God is NOT.

#2 The pastor has asked you to step down from two leadership positions, you couldn’t leave before b/c of being tied to these positions so just possibly this is God giving you the release you need to leave. Stop struggling with doubt and hurt feelings and leave happily knowing God gave you a way out. Just saying....

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2010/11/3 10:53Profile

Ah my brother, my heart goes out to you and your wife.

In my own experience, when the Lord wanted to bring me into a closer walk with Him, He began stripping away everything that would have hindered that closer walk. The stripping away was not pleasant, it's still ongoing, and it included things that I never even considered to be a hindrance to a closer walk with the Lord. I too went to God and asked "What work would you have me to do?" He lead me to Luke Luke 10:38-42. He showed me that more important than the work, was fellowship with Him. Sitting at His feet and listening to His words. This was my experience.

Please do not feel as though you've lost something, and please take your hurt feelings and confess them to the Lord. He knows, He will understand and He will give you peace.

It could be my brother that like many other precious saints in every place, the Lord is calling you into a deeper walk, and is working circumstances out in your life to accomplish that. Don't just seek His work, Seek His face in this time.

I will pray that He accomplishes His perfect will in you.

Be strong.

2010/11/3 11:49
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Snuf I believe that maybe this is the direction I am leaning towards or at least joining a very small fellowship of believers that I have grown up with, people that have been parental and grandparent figures to me so I know they deeply care for me and my family. I have already talked to my dad and he is open to just doing a home fellowship.

My desire is to see simply faith following Christians coming together to serve one another and encourage each other as we all glorify and worship God. That truly is the desire of my heart but then again who doesn't want that. :)

2010/11/3 17:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Sister Michelle,

I live in Central Kansas in a small town of Lyons,KS its population is about 3500 however we are getting ready to move to an even smaller town of Raymond about 20 minutes away its population is approxiamately 154 or so.

2010/11/3 17:50Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I thank you for your words of encouragement sister Lisa, I have been thinking about this very thing and have thanked God for His gracious plan on my life and the way He looks to accomplish His will.

2010/11/3 17:52Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Globalmicaia,

I have also thought about this to simply seek God's face is a great desire I have. While being apart of the institutional religious system I heard often "we must be about the Father's business" or doing the "work of the kingdom" which really turned out to be something that didn't quite look like the work of the kingdom. I don't feel I have lost a thing and I enjoy the fact that just because I am not apart of the church anymore doesn't mean the relationship that meant the most to me have to stop.

Before I was asked to resign my wife and I had been praying about leaving the church God simply opened a door and we took it :)

Thank you all for your prayers I appreciate them all very much!

2010/11/3 17:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy