SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The parable of the 10 virgins

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
knitefall

Re: The parable of the 10 virgins

Good thoughts. The best I've ever handled is that the Oil represents Grace. It fits the context of who is listening. The Hebrews under the old Cov't knew only to work and earn approval from our Lord.

If you have Grace, you make it. If you try and enter the Kingdom w/o Grace, you never will make it. And it fits every other line well when examined.

I think this link will work. If you listen to this, it will bless you: http://pwmmedia.podbean.com/2010/09/26/the-parable-of-the-5-wise-and-the-5-foolish-virgins/

2010/11/3 13:30Profile

jimp said,

Quote:
... you must choose this day Whom you will serve every day for today is the day of salvation.if you are looking to be raptured some time in the future and you think you have plenty of time then you are duped by satan.everyone knows Heb.11 verse 1 but few understand that the key word is de (now)pistis de hupostastis (spelling from 30 years ago greek memory) now faith is the substance...not tomorrow or yesterday.jimp also jewish tradition was that the future groom would go with the other men in the family and build an apartment on the home of the patriarch and when finished would come for His bride and if she was not ready by then or at that time then how interested is she in the groom.so love is the only thing that will get you ready and keep you ready.

Thank you for sharing this. I used to have 'Today is the day of salvation' in my SI signature. Your putting the emphasis on 'now faith', is very helpful.

2010/11/3 13:30

Hi knitefall,

Quote:
The best I've ever handled is that the Oil represents Grace. It fits the context of who is listening. The Hebrews under the old Cov't knew only to work and earn approval from our Lord.

So what do you do with Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD'?

and (There are others I'm not quoting.)

Exodus 34:9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it [is] a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Remember, GOD knew that death was reigning, even if people didn't. He had mercy on us in our ignorance.

2010/11/3 13:38
jimp

Re:

my point is be ready today and who cares what the oil is.jimp

2010/11/3 15:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
my point is be ready today and who cares what the oil is.jimp

LOL

Oh Brother, that was funny, I am sure you didn't mean it to sound that way, but it was.

The oil is important because our Lord that has saved us made a point to speak it.

We can be ready and study at the same time.

Heads up brother.

2010/11/3 16:23
knitefall

Re:

You must listen to the link I posted. It will bless your holy socks off.

You can buy the word however. Really! Just listen to the message and you'll find out- best I've heard on the issue. (no one should think that any one person has all the answers anyhow) Be blessed!!!

2010/11/3 16:50Profile
bobmcd510

Re:

Quote:
Matthew 13:46 - "who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it."

another great reference!

2010/11/4 16:04Profile

bobmcd510 asks

Quote:
and how do we store up wine for ourselves?

New wineskins?

Psalm 104:15 And wine [that] maketh glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengtheneth man's heart.

{oil...: Heb. to make his face shine with oil, or, more than oil}

Wine, which we take to represent the blood of Christ, makes itself felt on the inside.

Oil is more representative of the burning lamp of the Spirit which shine THROUGH a man's eyes and face showing others the glory of God, if he has received Him.

WE are to look towards the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. By this, we will be changed from one degree of glory to the next 2 Cor 3:18.

Matthew 6:17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; 18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

What are we tempted to look at? Money, wealth, material gain?

Matt 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matt 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness!

Matt 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. 10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Everything is in Christ and if Christ is in us, we have everything.

We need enough oil to see us through the night.

2010/11/4 18:35
jimp

Re:

hi, in the show fiddler on the roof, a beautiful young daughter was promised to an old ,fat butcher... all the virgins were arranged marriages with no love stories.the character of the virgin and her zeal to be a Godly bride to whosoever the groom was, is this story...if you are excited about your role in work,or any event you are going to be on time and prepared and if you are lax in zeal for it you are usually unprepared .are you saved so that you miss hell or are you saved because you love Jesus as He loves you.are you excited about your relationship with Jesus. be ready today is a statement of excitement.jimp

2010/11/4 20:17Profile
whyme

Re:

Possibility? The Scriptures ( Proverbs especially ) speak of buying wisdom. We are called to be light to the world announcing the coming Kingdom. Wisdom/knowledge, and understanding would be the fuel for that message. Faith might work as well but somehow I think that it is the truth and understanding in Christ that is the light unto the world. The virgins without oil would be those without understanding and therefore, in my humble opinion, they would be unbelievers, possibly false professors.

2010/11/4 20:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy