Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A Guide All the Way by Spurgeon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
phoe

Bangalore, India

A Guide All the Way by Spurgeon

"He will be our guide even unto death" Ps 48:14
We need a guide. Sometimes we would give all that we have to be told exactly what to do, and where to turn. We are willing to do right, but we do not know which one of two roads we are to follow. Oh, for a guide!
The Lord our God condescends to serve us as guide. He knows the way, and will pilot us along it till we reach our journey's end in peace. Surely we do not desire more infallible direction. Let us place ourselves absolutely under His guidance, and we shall never miss our way. Let us make Him our God and we shall find Him our guide. If we follow His law we shall not miss the right road of life, provided we first learn to lean upon Him in every step that we take.
Our comfort is, that as He is our God for ever and ever, He will never cease to be with us as our guide. "Even not death" will lead us, and then we shall dwell with Him eternally, and go no more out for ever. This promise of divine guidance involves life-long security: salvation at once, guidance unto our last hour, and then endless blessedness. Should not each one seek this in youth, rejoice in it in middle life, and repose in it in old age? This day let us look up for guidance before we trust ourselves out of doors.

--C H Spurgeon

2010/11/1 3:32Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A Guide All the Way by Spurgeon

We truly need God's guidance. Especially in a day and age in which there is so much deception.

Thank you Lord.

2010/11/1 9:33Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

For I know that wayward man cannot
direct his steps, only GOD can guide
and lead us in HIS ways.

2010/11/1 10:36Profile
Lydo

Bangalore India

Hi Phoe,

Beautiful post!

I always want to remember this verse all my life,

Proverbs 20:24 from the LIVING BIBLE

"SINCE THE LORD IS DIRECTING OUR STEPS, WHY TRY TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ALONG THE WAY?"

And another quote by C.H.Spurgeon -

"It is most important for us to learn that the smallest trifles are as much arranged by the God of Providence as the most startling events. He who counts the stars has also numbered the hairs of our heads. Our lives and deaths are predestined, but so, also, are our sitting down and our rising up."

Thank you Very much for posting this.
Sowmya, thank you for being a blessing to me.
Lydo : )

2010/11/2 1:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy