SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : America at it's Fork in the Road ... Lord Thy Will be Done ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

America at it's Fork in the Road ... Lord Thy Will be Done ...

Over on the thread;
Election Day - November 2nd
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3553&forum=35

Gideons wrote;
"We all sense in our spirits that there is something critical about this election, although we can't articulate it".

Critical ain't the word for it ... America is at a spiritual fork in the road ... and i've articulated on it a lot! ...

Why? ... Because i did something this time that i've not done in any other election before ... By faith i actually consulted in prayer to God as to what He'd have me do ... By faith i got my answer, and an additional mission i'd not bargained for ... By faith i acted on that mission ... By faith i voted for Bush this morning, right after saying Lord, "i cast this vote for you, thy will be done" ...

The Hebrew writer said that all the OT saints pleased God by faith ... The NT says that without faith it is impossible to please Him, and that whatsoever is not of faith is sin ... i voted by faith for Christian principals this morning via pushing that button for Bush ... i've been told by the majority of my peers that i'm wrong, that i'm mistaken, but my faith tells me otherwise, for i truly believe that i'm not, but if so i have the further consolation that God is pleased with me because my actions have been purely dictated by "faith", and my vote cast not out of my own selfish personal preference, but toward His principals ... Besides i also believe that when a called one of God is walking by faith toward His will there are no mistakes, "for ALL THINGS work together for the good of them that love the Lord, and are called according to His purpose" ...
One can only get this kind of assurance/insurance by walking and acting solely in faith ...

i'm ready for whoever's coming down the pike, if it's Bush i'll be anticipating a further period of God's long suffering grace, but if it's Kerry i must honestly state that i'm gonna be more excited, for i'll be anticipating great weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in America, a pouring out of divine judgment, but more importantly a refinement of the Church of Christ thru escalating persecution ... BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY I LONG TO SEE THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST REFINED! ...

i truly believe that if our God allows further peace and prosperity to a nation whose chosen to murder more innocents via continued abortion and added embyonic stem cell research, and the government sanctioned union/marriage of homosexuals as the law of the land, then as scripture states He will owe an explanation to Sodom and Gomorrah, and even tho He may put me in my place like He did Job, i will be asking Him a couple of why Lord myself? ... For the heathen right now is raging, and taunting me/us as to where is your/our God? ... And i'd be lying if i said i didn't want Him to show them ... Amen

2004/11/2 10:13Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: America at it's Fork in the Road ... Lord Thy Will be Done ...

Br. Rahman wrote:

Quote:
i'm ready for whoever's coming down the pike, if it's Bush i'll be anticipating a further period of God's long suffering grace, but if it's Kerry i must honestly state that i'm gonna be more excited, for i'll be anticipating great weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in America, a pouring out of divine judgment, but more importantly a refinement of the Church of Christ thru escalating persecution ... BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY I LONG TO SEE THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST REFINED! ..

I hope President Bush remains in office. He will have the opportunity to pick three Supreme Court justices. He will have the opportunity to stop abortion. He will have the opportunity to stop stem cell research. He will have the opportunity to stop gay marriage.

Hopefully he also will walk by faith. Let us see if his path creates the evidence of what we as Christians hope for.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/2 10:41Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Amen, Bro Jeff.
I couldn't have stated it any clearer.
Bless you brother.

2004/11/2 10:54Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

I wish his track record gave me more confidence.

Concur, but....
I wish his track record gave me more confidence.
And Rove and Cheney were deep sixed...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1340525,00.html

2004/11/2 12:05Profile

Struggling to find the words

Why does it feel, like you Brother Rahman, and so many within the church give this man covering on the lies that led to the war in Iraq?

Why are not you as quick to denounce the sin of deceit in high places that LEADS to death and destruction, as you are the murder of the unborn, and the union of homosexuals?

Is the cult of imperial power that intoxicating that it blinds you to the sin that was shared by Rome and by Babylon and Assyria, its the same sort of behavior, with a new rub, the "National Church" is being crafted from within the Church of Jesus Christ.

Everybody thinks the persecution will come from a militant pagan body.....no....... the real persecution will come from the apostate National Church, that will craft a "unified" doctrine, that will fold all denominations in the interest of "unity", and if you go underground to house church, you will be labelled a "terrorist".

Our founding fathers were both wise and sinful. Wise because they KNEW that they didnt want a "National church" like all the European nations had, and now look at Europe, cold dead and dry. I hear dominionists like D. James Kennedy among others, caterwauling about "taking the nation back for Christ", and I get filled with Holy Ghost dread. I can smell the flesh and the pride and the self-righteous of these worldlings. When I hear these men speak the LAST thing I can discern is the Love of Christ. I hear an imperial cancer on their mouths, and smell the stink of Babylon, of empire.

Sinful, our founding fathers were because they kept slaves, but God has truly used that for His glory, for the African-american church is vibrant and alive, united with Jesus to hold back the forces of darkness in people's lives. And a vibrant pulpit, my prayer is that Sunday at 11 QUIT being the most segregated hour of the week.

That said, so let me say this; in my community the majority of folks are non-believing political liberals, and when I query them the exchange goes something like this;

me: so your against the war in Iraq?

person: because it's killing.

me: I agree, I'm against it too. So your against capital punishment?

person: yes.

me: why?

Person: because its killing.

me: I agree, me too. So we agree that both of these things are killing......are you pro-abortion?

person: (getting suspicious) yesssss...I'm pro-choice.

me: so, you don't think that the same right to life should extend to the unborn?

person: oh, you're one of them.....I dont feel like talking about it. (walks away)

Now in my church, the majority of believers are political conservatives, and the conversation goes something like this:

me: Your against abortion?

believer: yes

me: why?

believer: its murder.

me: I agree....then your against capital punishment too?

believer: no! thats justice, looks what it says in the Old Testament.

me: what if the accused had substandard legal care?

believer: who cares, he had a trial, he had a lawyer.

me: but did he have a good lawyer? what if he was innocent?

believer: so?

me: then its murder, how do you feel about the war?

(at this time, the believer wants to get away from me..lol)

believer: I believe in a just war, and I stand behind my president.

me: what if "your" president lied to you? then the war is unjust, and its murder.

believer: he didnt lie, he didnt know those things......listen I have to go.....blessssiings.

Its all just hypocrisy, hypocrisy and lies. From the grandfather Prescott Bush and his dealings with the Nazi's, to the father George the first and his dealings with terrorists, like the Iranian mullahs, and narcotrafficante's like Noriega...to the son, and his lies.

I am not voting FOR Kerry.

I am voting AGAINST Bush.

if I thought these republicans were serious about ending abortion, I'd vote for Bush in a second.....but they're not serious about ending this national tragedy, and NO ONE is serious about ending this SINFUL war in Iraq....

you talk about judgement on the land......watch.

"Woe to you who long for the day of the LORD!

Why do you long for the day of the LORD?

That day will be darkness and not light"

Amos 5:18

2004/11/2 12:25
jeremyhulsey

Re: Struggling to find the words

Neilgin1,

Let's get this straight, the President of the USA did not lie. If you're going to be against the war in Iraq, then be against it on proper grounds. Don't go around spreading propaganda. President Bush acted on intelligence reports that were BELIEVED by national leaders around the world. It was accepted as fact the Sadaam had WMD's until we went in and found none. The possibility STILL remains that the weapons were moved to neighboring countries.

I am not defending Pres. Bush's decision to go to war with Iraq. I was against the decision, but I didn't make up phony reasons to be against it, like "he lied," "it's about oil," etc... The problem was that we stepped onto a soveriegn nation's soil with the intention of bringing down their government, albeit an evil government. This is going to become a dangerous precedent in the future. I'm just glad that we didn't have the U.N.'s backing for this war for this reason.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/11/2 12:35Profile

Re: Please

put the name "april glaspie" into google and see what you wind up with.

deceit runs in the family and it is a generational sin.

2004/11/2 12:56
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Jeremy wrote:

Quote:
Let's get this straight, the President of the USA did not lie. If you're going to be against the war in Iraq, then be against it on proper grounds. Don't go around spreading propaganda. President Bush acted on intelligence reports that were BELIEVED by national leaders around the world.

How do you know this to be the truth?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/2 13:05Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: America at it's Fork in the Road ... Lord Thy Will be Done ...

I believe it's not our leader or who is in office that needs to be changed IT'S the heart of a nation the people. Only God can change the heart of a nation, when we pray and ask his forgiveness for the sin's of this nation, and only ask that his WILL be done. amen
"If my people who are called by my name..."

2004/11/2 13:11Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Neil you posted a while back on ...

A PLEA TO ALL SAINTS EVERYWHERE TO PRAY FOR THE BLACK CHURCH IN AMERICA ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3457&forum=48&4

This quote;

"Look at all the red states in the south, who do you think is in the republican ranks within these states south of the mason-dixon? you know who and you know how they think, if you're a black man in America you have drank from this bitter cup".

I'm a Jewish believer, and half my family is black, my only sister is bi-racial ..... and as recently as July I was just going to sit out this election, because as I reasoned, there was no way, I was going to vote for a candidate who was pro-abortion, pro-"choice"...then I heard Barack Obama candidate for Senate in Illinois my home state, speak at the convention, and when he said, "we worship an awesome God", I said I gonna be in the party he's in.

I'm not voting for Bush, and I'll tell you why;

the generational sin of deceit runs in his family, as a Jew, how do think I feel about his grandfather Prescott Bush being a banker for the nazi's, and continuing this LONG after he was warned by our government, until old Prescott and Brown brothers had to be fined to make them cease.

Bush 41 has been a long time friend to the Sa-udi kingdom, I'm not even going to go into a long thing about that, but suffice to say, I trust NOTHING out of his lips. Money is his god,let him continue to worship that idol, Lazarus is not selling ice water in Heaven.

and now Bush 43, with his lies, that got our nation embroiled in war, whose end is TOTALLY unclear, please do not tell me this is a righteous godly man, I've heard it from the church these many months, I heard it at the beginning of last year in the build up to war, and it literally sickens me, because I see the fruit, and its rotten".

Brother Neil, there was a time when everything i did stemmed from my own Black experience in America, and i was hateful, and as unforgiving as your own Jewish tone ... i thought to myself when you first posted the above, "Lord God free him, because he's suffering from a double persecution complex ... Did you know that in psychiatry circles jews, blacks and women are all lumped together under groups suffering from persecution complexes? ... And even tho in the natural that may be rightly justifiable, it is not under the supernatural transformation of our brcoming Christians, where former things pass away, we become new creations in Christ, who no longer operate and form our decisions out of unforgiveness ... Unforgiveness justifies ones own private, pity party of personal preference, at the expense of new found Christian principals ... Brother Neil i'm no longer a Black man, or an American first ... first, and foremost i'm a Christian, a colorless child of the King, concerned with what Christ wants, and the reason as i've explained above why i prayed about it in the first place, and then reacted on what i believe i've recieved as His answer , which is exactly opposite of what i would have done if operating out of my racial unforgiveness of the past ...

You asked;
"Why does it feel, like you Brother Rahman, and so many within the church give this man covering on the lies that led to the war in Iraq"?

Why are not you as quick to denounce the sin of deceit in high places that LEADS to death and destruction, as you are the murder of the unborn, and the union of homosexuals?

My answer is i asked God, and felt led of the Lord to cast my vote in Bush's direction, and did so out of that faith ... Nothing that is actually occuring at present to me feels more ominous to Americas assured desolation than the escalated murder of the unborn, and the union of homosexuals ... You of course are free to choose/vote otherwise ... But let me ask you this ...
Does a man have to be perfect in all his ways to be concidered by God as one after His own heart? ..
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3576&forum=35

2004/11/2 13:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy