SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 420 Banks Demand 1-World Currency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
EverestoSama

Re:

Just out of curiosity, why silver and not gold or platinum?

2010/10/27 23:26Profile

Everesto

you asked:

"Just out of curiosity, why silver and not gold or platinum?"

on a secular level, gold, while an excellent store, is TOO compact a store of wealth, meaning if there is a currency emergency, and you needed to trade for neccesities, how would you make change from an ounce of gold valued in multiple thousands of dollars?...especially a gold coin, whereas silver is now trading between $23 an ounce(wholesale) and $30 (retail)

also there is robust vibrant industrial demand for silver.

if i may, on a Biblical basis, i read so many instances of mention of silver coins, that it seems like wisdom, rather than a complete buy in, to the current system of internet banking, debit cards, credit cards, etc.

2010/10/28 6:08
EverestoSama

Re: Everesto

Where do you buy it from? Silver I mean.

2010/10/28 9:23Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

"They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD..." (Ezek. 7.19)

2010/10/28 10:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well, if this all comes down to the days of the Mark of the Beast, I don't think all the silver or gold on earth will help us. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.

2010/10/28 10:51Profile

brethern

i never meant to say, or imply, that gold or silver, can ever....EVER...replace, shelter, protect any of us, in lieu of the Provisions and Mercy of God, and the Blood of Christ.

my heart, in my posts on this thread are, i know just a few things, i have a few skill sets, and one of them is knowing of the world of trade, and my desire was only to share with the saints a glimpse of hard won knowledge.

My hope and faith lay not in gold or silver, but in Messiah Jesus.

2010/10/28 11:30
MaryJane

Re: brethern

Quote:
i never meant to say, or imply, that gold or silver, can ever....EVER...replace, shelter, protect any of us, in lieu of the Provisions and Mercy of God, and the Blood of Christ. my heart, in my posts on this thread are, i know just a few things, i have a few skill sets, and one of them is knowing of the world of trade, and my desire was only to share with the saints a glimpse of hard won knowledge. My hope and faith lay not in gold or silver, but in Messiah Jesus.

Neil
I just wanted to say thank you for having such a willing and giving heart to share with us your knowledge and understanding on how some of these things work. I know your faith and trust lies only in Jesus and not in any earthly things. I am grateful though that you have such a love for the body that you are willing to share your understanding in these areas with us. I really do appreciate it.

God Bless you brother
maryjane

2010/10/28 12:21Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

The Bible talks about those who lay up gold and silver in the last days:

Jam 5:1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.
Jam 5:2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.
Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days.

2010/10/28 13:37Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

TrueWitness. If Neil was laying up treasure on earth in place of his treasure in Christ, there would be an issue. Since he is not, that verse doesn't apply.

Come on people. That's like saying that you should not work to provide for your family today, because if you are, you are choosing mammon over the Lord... Silly

Also, I'm pretty sure Neil isn't rich and has lots of "riches". If he does, he needs to give some over to me. :-P

2010/10/28 17:00Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

I would just like to say that the verse I quoted earlier from Ezekiel, I wasn't levelling at Neil, whose heart and passion I appreciate very much.

I am just saying that there's lots of people out there who haven't got the time of day for Jesus, and who are investing their hoarded riches in silver and gold to try to escape what they know is coming. But the hour that is at hand... no amount of silver and gold is going to save anyone.

A word to the wise: it's time to invest in the true riches, the heavenly riches.

2010/10/28 17:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy