SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A word of prophecy to the church!!! Please read!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Timmy,

I have been taking this type of word to heart and I appreciate the reminder and confirmation that the Lord is not budging from this Word and is repeating it in many places. Thanks!

"Prepare yourself for the storm that looms over the horizon, for out of this storm will come a great shaking that will effect the entire earth. Many will run to and fro, they will run here and there out of desperation, despair and confusion in search of answers as to why such catastrophic events are taking place, but this great shaking is the hand of the great God Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. It is the work of His hand of judgment upon the earth. He will shake every institution on the face of the earth and they shall crumble as powder before Him. The only thing that will not crumble and fall under His mighty hand is His true church, the church of the Lord Jesus Christ, purchased and bought by His blood, and founded upon Him, because He is the only Rock, the only sure foundation that will stand when this terrible shaking takes place. The tragedy is many in the church would not be able to stand during this difficult time because they’ve not been truly and firmly planted on the Rock Christ Jesus, prepare yourself for what is to come."

2010/11/1 20:57

Re: A word of prophecy to the church

Quote:
I hope you understand my heart here Jimmy but we can discourage younger ones in the Lord when we make comments like that about someone else’s prophesy, it elevates us and tears the others down.

I have to agree with you here Lysa. The Lord took my wife and I out of a strong legalistic church, where it was taught that God was not doing certain things today for reasons derived out of a Pharisaical reasoning and understanding. "God will not do this", "God isn't doing that", "God will never do so and so", and they always gave great human reasoning, based on their knowledge of the Scriptures, as to why their statements were true.

God showed me that He will not be dictated to. He will not be placed in a box. He does as He pleases. He will never do anything contrary to His nature of course, such as lie or overlook sin, but He operates according to His good pleasure. Even we who know Christ as Savior cannot assume to dictate what He will and will not do. His ways are past finding out.

There are some things that are clear of course. For example if a prophet encourages me to worship other gods, or draws attention to himself rather than pointing me to Christ, then I know God did not send him. That's clear. But if a man is moved by the Holy Spirit to speak a word of warning and encouragement and I dismiss it by saying, "I've heard it before" or "There's nothing new here" or "If you're reading your bible you don't need to hear this" or "There's nothing specific in it, just another general word" I think I would need to go to Christ and ask Him to search my heart and show me if my response was not coming from the flesh. It would be more edifying to encourage someone who brought such a word of prophesy by saying "Your word is true my brother or sister, for I have heard it from other men of God and I have read it in the Bible as well." This will not tear down as Lysa said, but build up.

I believe the Lord has been sounding out a warning to His church that a shaking is coming, and that we as the church need to get right with Him. The Lord has been taking my wife and I on a personal journey of repentance, revival and drawing us closer to Himself. If I hear such a prophesy it 1,000 times I would pray that it be sounded out 1,000 times more. As Pilgrim777 said

Quote:
I have been taking this type of word to heart and I appreciate the reminder and confirmation that the Lord is not budging from this Word and is repeating it in many places. Thanks!

As God is my witness, it is not my intention to offend anyone, and it is my prayer that my words would be taken with that in mind. We need to be sensitive to Christ's leading in these times, and let Him be the one who dictates to us.

2010/11/2 0:35
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Good word, Pilgrm. I shake my head when people ho-hum a word like this merely because it's been said before so often.

God has been warning about this for a long time. But God is very patient, very longsuffering.

Quote:
"Prepare yourself for the storm that looms over the horizon, for out of this storm will come a great shaking that will effect the entire earth.

I counsel each and every one of us to lay this to heart instead of talking about it and analyzing it and taking the teeth out of it.

"Prepare yourself..."

How? By being in the Spirit at all times. By seeking the Lord for the grace to be in the Spirit ALL THE TIME.

I lack that myself. I am short of that, I know. But I am seeking that. In what's at the door-- and the door is already open-- that's the only place of safety and security that will be found.

2010/11/2 11:13Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
But if a man is moved by the Holy Spirit to speak a word of warning and encouragement and I dismiss it by saying, "I've heard it before" or "There's nothing new here" or "If you're reading your bible you don't need to hear this" or "There's nothing specific in it, just another general word" I think I would need to go to Christ and ask Him to search my heart and show me if my response was not coming from the flesh.

Amen.

Quote:
I believe the Lord has been sounding out a warning to His church that a shaking is coming, and that we as the church need to get right with Him. The Lord has been taking my wife and I on a personal journey of repentance, revival and drawing us closer to Himself. If I hear such a prophesy it 1,000 times I would pray that it be sounded out 1,000 times more.

Amen.

Sure, this kind of word is in the Bible. But it's also gone forth from many witnesses as well.

God sends his prophets, "rising early and sending..." Speaking again and again...

If there's delay, it's because of His love, His patience, His longsuffering... and because of the prayers of those who are making intercession for the land...

It's only dulness of heart that attempts to dismiss this kind of word.

2010/11/2 11:24Profile

Re:

Adisciple and everyone else,

I hear the trumpet blowing. Do you? It is surely blowing and we do need to wake up out of our slumber. Throw off the chains of sin and legalism and self-righteousness and come to the Lord with our whole heart. Everyday, right now is a gift for you to press into the Lord, your Ark, your place of safety.

Know Him and be known of Him. That is the bottom of line.

Let us not discourage or quench the spirit in any man. Those of you that have children, you would never do this as they are learning to express themselves and their deepest thoughts to you. They come from a pure and innocent heart. Oh that more babes in Christ would speak up.

Out of the mouth of babes is perfected wisdom (Mt 21:16). And I might add, that God is only going to speak ouf of the mouth of babes (pure, chaste, humble, virgins). It is just like the Lord to speak through babes.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

A shaking indeed is coming. In heaven (religious things) and on earth (economy, politics, everything else). Everything we trust in that is NOT HIM and everyone will be tested and indeed are, right now. I feel it in my life. His Word is separating flesh from spirit.

That which remains is what God is looking for? That which is not of Him, will be shaken off. Do we have anything that will remain?

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Thank you Adisciple and others. We really do need to be sharpening and encouraging each other. What's coming is not pretty, for the Lord is purifying His Bride. He WILL have a pure and spotless Bride who is not an adulteress (no idols). That is what God's Word says.

Quote:
I counsel each and every one of us to lay this to heart instead of talking about it and analyzing it and taking the teeth out of it. "Prepare yourself..."

Amen! Faithful are the wounds of a friend. If you have to hurt my flesh (pride) to wake me up, DO IT!!

I have been so blessed since coming to this forum because I am finding brethren who truly love the Lord and want much more of Him.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

2010/11/2 11:34

Re:

Quote.......

"I believe the Lord has been sounding out a warning to His church that a shaking is coming, and that we as the church need to get right with Him. The Lord has been taking my wife and I on a personal journey of repentance, revival and drawing us closer to Himself. If I hear such a prophesy it 1,000 times I would pray that it be sounded out 1,000 times more. As Pilgrim777 said

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to both brothers. This is the kind of word that is being spoken all over the world from saints of different backgrounds. We ignore it at our peril. To set it aside and say something like ' I have heard that all before,' to me is the essence of sleep. God has raised up many saints to cry out a warning that He is at the door, that the master is about to return and they are crying out loudly to a sleeping church. At the very same time there are people trying to hush the church and keep them in their slumbers.

Man cries out to God ....

"Isa 51:9 Awake! awake! Put on strength, O arm of Jehovah. Awake! "

And God replies........

"Isa 52:1 Awake! Awake! Put on your strength, Zion; put on your beautiful robes, O Jerusalem, the holy city."

2010/11/2 12:17

Re:

The heart and love for a brother that Azariah had for Asa is a great example to me. Likewise, so is Asa's heart. Humble to receive and be corrected. He did not dismiss Azariah's message as too simple and childish.

Likewise, this message is to us, today. You cannot get much more concise and simple than this, and woe to us if we despise it.

The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

Azariah provided true fellowship for Asa and Asa appreciated it. This is the kind of friends we should be to each other. This prophet who is mentioned no where else is a type of the Holy Spirit to me or a brother that truly cares (as God cares).

2Ch 15:1 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:
2Ch 15:2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.
2Ch 15:3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.
2Ch 15:4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.
2Ch 15:5 And in those times there was no peace to him that went out, nor to him that came in, but great vexations were upon all the inhabitants of the countries.
2Ch 15:6 And nation was destroyed of nation, and city of city: for God did vex them with all adversity.
2Ch 15:7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
2Ch 15:8 And when Asa heard these words, and the prophecy of Oded the prophet, he took courage, and put away the abominable idols out of all the land of Judah and Benjamin, and out of the cities which he had taken from mount Ephraim, and renewed the altar of the LORD, that was before the porch of the LORD.

2Ch 15:15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.

2010/11/2 16:01

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy