SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fort Worth Witnessing Oct 30, 2004

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Fort Worth Witnessing Oct 30, 2004

This is my latest witnessing story:

Fort Worth Witnessing Oct 30, 2004

This was alumni weekend here on the Honor Academy campus so I didn't think I would be able to find someone to go out witnessing with. Everyone wanted to visit with friends who had come back. I also wanted to visit with friends but felt I shouldn't sacrifice going out to witness to be able to accomplish that. So I headed out around 6:30pm.

I was going to be hooking up with a team in Fort Worth. Four of them I had met recently at the Evangelism Boot Camp. I had never been to Downtown Fort Worth to witness before. We were al planning on meeting in Commerce Street, F.W., where I had never been. I have been to Commerce Street In Dallas and assumed it was the same street. Its not! It doesn't go anywhere near Fort Worth! I didn't get to Fort Worth until around 10:00pm!

I did however manage to get there and for that I am grateful. We had a team of around 11 people. 4 of them were musicians who had never gone out before. They sang worship songs while we talked to people and gave out tracts. It created such a nice atmosphere that I could have been out there all night long! Singing praise and giving out the gospel, it was awesome!

One of the girls I met at the Boot Camp, Liz, brings her son out to witness. He is a little 5 year old blond boy who very, very boldly gives tracts to everybody! Thats how I first met him. He gave me a tract. He was out there for awhile until it got too late and he was brought home. It's so encouraging to see the Lord using him! 5 years old! I can only imagine the things the Lord will do through him as he gets older.

Because it was the day before Holloween everyone was dressed up. Downtown Fort Worth has hundreds and hundreds of people there because they have resturants, movies, clubs, etc. Many people were dressed up. We handed out hundreds and hundreds of tracts and talked to a good amount of people as well. I want to become a little bit more acustomed to the area before preaching open-air although someone that night preached their first open-air! I like the autmosphere abit better then Deep Ellum in Dallas. Not everyone is drunk or on drugs!

Around 2 in the morning or so we decided it was time to leave so everyone went their own ways and I found my way back to Garden Valley Texas. I got home around 4:30pm. The night was a peaceful night of witnessing. I throughly enjoyed it.

For more witnessing stories, go to the "Adventure Journal" at www.newenglandoutreach.com .

2004/11/2 6:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy