SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bible Study on the Characters of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Just thought of something else....

One time I had the responsibility of teaching some juniors at church. It was up to me to get whatever lit I wanted to teach them.

What I did is teach them this method of Bible Study using the book of James as the object of our lessons. Since the children were so young, I modified it much so they can comprehend these principles. Later we went through the book of Revelation using the same method. This is not hard and was a lot of fun.

Now I feel sorry for folks who think Revelation is a difficult book to understand! (I tell folks that they need to remember that John is sharing a vision he had so now what you do is visualize it with him - forget about interpreting it, just visualize it and then see where it will take you!)

Brother, when I get to thinking about this, talking about it, I hardly know when to quit! The bottom line is that too many folks have made the scriptures seems too difficult to understand and that is so unfortunate - it ain't so!

Now! maybe I will close!

ginnyrosew

2010/10/27 19:07Profile

Re:

I love this declaration of God Himself, there wasn't an Angel, a man that was worthy enough to proclaim Him which makes me sad everytime I read it. This is a Character reference of God. All kinds of meat in here to ponder. For that is one of the ways to study the bible Mgulger. Give time for the word, when your reading something, a word or a phrase my stand out, stop, and allow that to roll around in your mind, and think about what your thinking about. After some time and meditation has passed, you'll discover that verses connect with others that you have read and it becomes encouraging as the pieces start to fall into place and answers come. Anyway, here is something to start with:

Exodus 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

Exodus 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Exodus 34:8 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.

2010/10/28 0:59

Re: Bible Study on the Characters of God?

What a great list of resources this thread has produced! Thank you all!

Quote:
I have a book that focuses on the names of God I suppose I could go to those names and do a study of them to go further into God's character.

You can find online also, the Sacred Names Bible, which has the original name of God used by the various writers, untranslated into 'Lord' or 'God'.

These also say something of how the writer knew God in his generation, which I find helpful in considering His relationship with man, down through the centuries. I haven't done this study as a single exercise, but I'm always trying to glean to it, from my other Bible studies.

2010/10/28 10:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy