SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request for Spiritual life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
iampneuma

Florida

Prayer Request for Spiritual life

I've lately been opened to a deeper view of my spiritual state. I've been a professing Christian for about four years, I've known of God's law and judgment, of Jesus's mercy on the cross, and of my need for repentance and faith.

As times and years have passed I've found to become more and more numb spiritually to sin, I remember the past and see how sinful,and foolish I was even as a "Christian".

I've known my need for salvation, and thought that I was saved, but little by little I've started to doubt. People will surely tell me to not doubt, "how can you doubt God?"

The problem is not doubting God, the problem is fruit. Can one be saved from hell and not be saved from sin? Can I be a Christian and also be easily angered? Can I be a Christian, a Holy Spirit filled Christian and be critical, selfish, self-centered, unforgiving, gluttonous, fault-finding, hateful, evil thinking, and backbiting?

How can I be a Christian and do these things??? I CANNOT believe that I am one after examining myself and finding these. Again can I be saved from hell and not be saved from these sins?

I have little faith. I feel hopeless, and clueless on what to do but pray. And yet it seems when I do so heaven is closed unto me. I wonder if I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. My soul longs for rest, and love which I can't find or get from nothing or anyone. Food or other sort of entertainment may numb me up, but lately I've despised these, and tried to refrain from them.

I want Christ. I really don't know Him.

I've been trying to pray lately, but to no avail it seems. I'v been a wretch, and my spouse hates my miserable behavior. I don't want to be miserable, but I don't know what to do, I don't know how to be.

My prayer request is this: That someone who is willing, somewhere may pray unceasingly for my salvation, and for the gift of faith , and the filling of the Holy Spirit. That self may die, and that Christ may live. That I be saved not just from hell, but from the power of sin. That Christ may show Himself to me. That I may be born again, and that in due time I may be baptized. That I may pray as I ought to pray. That I may know Jesus Christ, and that He may be dear to me.

This is my prayer request.

2010/10/22 5:16Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: Prayer Request for Spiritual life

I will pray.

2010/10/22 5:21Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Prayer Request for Spiritual life

YOU ARE SECURE IN YOUR FATHER’S LOVE!

Jesus said that when the prodigal son came home, he was welcomed back into his father’s house. He received a new robe, ate at his father’s table and had full forgiveness. But that didn’t make him an angel.

On the contrary, I believe his father experienced a lot of problems with him before it was all over. But the one thing this son had to know was that he was secure in his father’s love! He had to know his father would bear with him, work with him, love him. That’s how our heavenly father is with us. And yet we keep saying, “One of these days, I’m going to be so perfect and right before God that it will be easy for him to love me.”

No! He loved you when you were a sinner, a reprobate, an enemy to him. How much more does he love you now that you’re reconciled to him! God has already said to you, “I loved you when you were an alien to me, when you were in rebellion and sin. Will I not love you even more now since you have committed to Sonship?”

We don’t rest confidently in his love as we should. And yet the Lord says of himself that he IS love. John wrote, “And we have known and believed that love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth (rests) in love dwelleth in God and God in him” (1 John 4:16).David Wilkersons devotion for 10.29 I pray this ministers to you as it did me. I will continue to pray. You are loved

2010/10/29 12:07Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
I've lately been opened to a deeper view of my spiritual state. I've been a professing Christian for about four years, I've known of God's law and judgment, of Jesus's mercy on the cross, and of my need for repentance and faith.

It seems to me that this spiritual dissatisfaction is a wake up call of the Holy Spirit but on the other hand i see that the enemy is trying to discourage you and make you feel you are a failure and you will not make it. I just want to understand better so i can help better, are you doubting that you ever were born again 4 years ago or you think that after you were born again you are doubting your salvation because of sin. We all have to struggle with sins of flesh and spirit and i myself after was born again had doubts about my salvation, even for years had backslid and this made things worse.

We need to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith but as someone said something like, "for 1 look to self have 9 looks to Christ". What i mean is we have to deal with our sins but after confessing them and repenting of them, we leave them at the Cross and move forward looking to Christ by faith and not turning back and doubting the mercy of God. Do the right thing and feelings will follow later on. There are those moments that you feel like things are getting worse and not better but we need to keep goin forward looking to Jesus and thirsting for the water of life. If you dont feel like thirstin ask God to give you the spiritual thirst, if your dont long to be holy ask God to give you the Spirit born desires. I myself feel need those holy longings to follow hard after him.

Blessings and ill pray for you.

Redi

2010/10/29 17:11Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
If you dont feel like thirstin ask God to give you the spiritual thirst, if your dont long to be holy ask God to give you the Spirit born desires.

I think this advice is best. Keep pursuing God and He will give you the assurance in time.

Sometimes He does not answer right away because He wants to know how much are we thirsting and hungering.

Meantime, you have to believe in the promise that those who hunger and thirst after righeousness WILL be filled.

2010/10/29 17:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy