SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I WANT A GOD THAT WILL TALK TO ME !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
carly49

Ontario

I WANT A GOD THAT WILL TALK TO ME !

Hi:

Pastor Jesse Duplantis told in a sermon, "When I was young, I wanted a God that I could talk to" Well, I WANT A GOD THAT WILL TALK TO ME outside of His Word.
Things that apply to me and my life, not everyone's in general like the Bible does.

I know Jesus says in the Bible "My sheep hear my voice" Well, for me it seems that there are 3 persons that talk to me. My own human spirit, The Lord, or the Devil. Here is an example I ask the Lord "will my husband be home when I get home from work?" Right away a voice says YES, so I feel relieved, but when I get home he is NOT there, then I feel let down and upset! To me, that is SELF DECEPTION. It is the worse thing! It seems that no matter what I ask, the answer is a GAMBLE! Sometimes, it is the Lord, other times, more often than not, it isn't! I need to know how to discern? The voices all sound the same!

ANYBODY KNOW ???????

Carly
:-?

2004/11/1 17:25Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: I WANT A GOD THAT WILL TALK TO ME !

Hi Carly,

God WILL speak to you in the bible. Are you reading it every day? Get to know God first, in His Word, before trying to discern voices.

Do you have a church or Christian friends?

Mrs. Fred

2004/11/1 17:42Profile
dohzman

I don't know if this'll help but here goes.First --rember that God has already spoken through Jesus Christ.The closer you get to the Lord the better it is you'll discern his voice to you.His voice will never be out of character---example: Lord what stock should I invest in???----Why would he answer me here when Jesus said lay not up for yourself treasures on earth....ect.He will never violate his written word.So as you seek to understand the voice of God to you in a personal way Rember that he's God-- not a magician- or sooth sayer-- He never imposes His will on you but gently asks you to follow him, we want God to follow us.His words are eternal and are very life so the more we make them trival ---we do that by checking in to see if he's listening---much like your prayer was, the less we make of Him-in the sense of the important.Much like the boy who cried wolf.That's not to say that your intentions weren't geniune or sincere.My sugestion is that you cultivate a love for His written word and spend long hrs. of silence before Him as well as in prayer and praise and learn to hear the small still voice of God.More often than not he'll make his written word to you very personal and enlighten your understanding out fo his word.Just like a relationship it takes work so learn patience and don't give up. You will find me when you seek me with all your heart--- there are no short cuts. God Bless Bro. Daryl

2004/11/1 17:50Profile
rocklife

usa

These are all wise responses, please consider what these brothers and sisters in Christ have to say. You need to be careful about hearing voices, many dear churchgoers have been decieved, even killing family members because they believed God TOLD them to do it. The voices told them, and with unbiblical thinking, they did it. Be careful about that kind of thinking and waiting on voices.

2004/11/1 19:50Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

If you feel secure in who you are and who you married. Lord shall I eat pea's or carrots don't facter in to what is really important. it's like Lord I'm testing you and YOU need to answer me and PLEASE GET IT RIGHT. after all you know who I am in your plans. we put to much into who we think we are in God's plans and forget it's we who serve him. he is not a genie or our crystal ball to ask . Let's follow as we are sopposed too. cart in it's rightful place
follow his word and know it and you will know when he speaks to you

2004/11/1 23:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy