Discussion Forum : General Topics : 

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
allensmith

2010/10/20 3:50Profile
RainMan

Re: "How to" craze

Quote:
Truth is absolute, it stands alone, it will never bow to you, or come down to your level. In other words it will not submit to you, *you have to submit to it... There is only 2 things you can do with truth #1 Rebel against it, (there is really only one sin, it's rebellion) #2 Or Submit to it.

I agree the truth is absolute. We often re-create the truth/God in our own image and in doing so are in danger of creating a false God. Many however fail to see how many concurrent absolute truths exist in parallels that can only be reconciled and revealed to us in eternity. Many deny the absolute truth of Gods justice because they believe he is absolutely love personified. Many of us create 3 dimensional boxes and box him.

2010/10/20 6:38Profile

Re:

Pretty soon there will be a "Dummies" book on "How to be a Christian". There probably already is one.

"Follow these 5 steps"

How about this one step?

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The Spirit of God will not lead you contrary to God's Word.

But we don't want to be led by the Spirit of God. It's too hard. Takes too much effort (prayer,submission,dying to self). We want a King. Like the people of Israel wanted Saul. Yes, we want a man to lead us and tell us what to do and tell us we are good and holy. Itching ears.

It is easier to walk by sight and follow men than walk by faith and please God. It's easier to perform outward works and receive the praise of men rather than to embrace the cross and let God purify our hearts.

The inward works, love from a pure heart, patience, tenderness, longsuffering, forbearance, goodness, kindness, holiness. This is what pleases God.

Yes, follow this one step.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Because the Spirit of God will lead you to put to death the works of the flesh. He will not lead you to make a name for yourself, build monuments to men, receive the praise of men and He will not lead you into selfish ambition.

He will lead you to die to self, to embrace the cross, to purify your heart by obeying the truth and He will lead you to love, have patience, show kindness, be tenderhearted, extend mercy, demonstrate forbearance and longsuffering.

These are all inward heart issues. He could care less about your outward works if your heart is a dwelling place of demons.

If He has your heart, your outward works will be authored and wrought in God.

If we don't come to the Lord with our whole heart, we are just going to have a religious experience and dress up the outside, while the inside is filthy.

1Ki 22:7 And Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might enquire of him?
1Ki 22:8 And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.
1Ki 22:8 And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.

400 prophets would tell lies but only one prophet would speak the truth as he heard it from God.

2010/10/20 10:30
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: "How to" craze

AMEN! to the entire article.

There is one aspect of submitting I have been thinking a lot about lately and since you brought up the subject, I will share it here...

Our life here is one that is in training to live with God in eternity. How well do we submit to his authority here? Do we act promptly in obedience or do we dawdle, rationalize and allow logic to determine the validity of this command/request?

If we allow logic to determine our obedience, how well do you think we would function in heaven? How well could God be LORD over people who will question His will/wishes? Would one not be like a Lucifer II? Would God want heaven to be peopulated with independant minded people? The more I think about this the more I am challenged to say "yes, LORD" and not question the reasonableness of his request.

Yes, I have to submit to a crucifixtion daily. Hurts, too.

ginnyrose

2010/10/20 13:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy