SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Your Top 3 Books Written in the Last Ten Years

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Your Top 3 Books Written in the Last Ten Years

1.) "Intoxicated with Babylon" by Steve Gallagher (Pure Life Ministries, usually known for sexual purity ministry focus). This is a must read!!!
2.) "Standing Firm Through the Great Apostacy" (Steve Gallagher)
3.) "Fast Facts on False Teachings" (Ron Carlson & Ed Decker, great for the evangelistic ministry to those caught up in false religions, including FreeMasonry, Islam, Catholicism, Prosperity Theology, Mormonism, JW's, etc.)
4.) "The Great Gospel Deception, Exposing the Lie of Heaven without Holiness", David Servant. Really gets your attention & dispels antinomianolism.

2010/10/16 0:36

Re:

Let me try again. I read these this year and they were excellent. All published within the last 10 years.

1. The Walk to Wholeness by Joyce Green
2. Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
3. Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend

2010/10/16 10:23
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Its very hard to find recent books by contemporary christians authors who come as a result of a Holy Ghost burden to be shared with others.I know very few inspirational writers who write because they have a word from the lord for our generation.

I have read the first part and some of the 2nd part of autobiography of Zac Poonen and i would recommend that book and any book from Zac Poonen. I have not read the bio of Backt Singh of India, only a breif bio and some of his writings but if you are intrested to read about a modern Wesley or Whitfield read his bio - BROTHER BAKHT SINGH — A SAINT OF GOD.

My pastor Paul King with C&MA who is also a professor in a christian university and historian on holiness, healing and faith movements that started among evangelicals by the end of the 19th century have written some books on this subjects. Moving moutains is a book where he writes about the sound faith of evangelical giants. If you search Dr. Paul King you will find a list of his books of subjects of holiness, baptism with Holy Spirit, healing, sound faith ect. I recommend this auther because he is very balanced christian, a careful {cautious) charismatic with a very sound evangelical convictions.

There are good authors from evangelical and charismatic camps but i have found only few godly men who have a balance of graces (love) and gifts of the Spirit.

Blessings,
Redi

2010/10/16 13:41Profile

Re:

I have a small book that Prem Pradhan (called the Apostle of Nepal) wrote. I need to put it online. He was saved as a result of Bakht Singh's ministry. Prem was a Gurkha and a hired soldier in WWII. He fought for the British. He was shot in the leg over Ethiopa while parachuting. Nursed by a local tribe until the end of the war, he then went back to Nepal. Later, taking a trip over the border to India, he heard Bakht Singh preaching. Long story short, he later got saved, and through a transition, become 100% committed to the Lord. In Nepal, if you witness to someone and get caught you go to jail for a year. Convert someone, 3 years and baptize someone, 6 years. Prem violated all 3. He spent 10 years in prison, often locked up a 6x6 room where they threw dead bodies into. Shackled at the ankle, most of his guards eventually became Christians.

He is credited with somewhere near 40,000 conversions in Nepal because he was often transferred to different prisons where he had the opportunity to speak to people from all over Nepal. His burden was to reach all of Nepal. At one time two large denominations over there tried independent of each other to convince Prem to bring these thousands of christians that were outside the religious system into their denomination. Prem prayed about it and was given enough revelation to always resist those very strong requests from the denominations.

This is not second hand info as I was privileged to have Prem at my house for 5 days in the late 80s.

I will let you know when I get his book online. You can gooogle Prem Pradhan and read some more things about him. He is with the Lord, today.

His book is called "Sacrificial Living". He would hike all over Nepal, through the Himalayas (kind of like Sadhu Sundar Singh), and often would stop off for a month or so and just help a Hindu farmer with his work. When he came back from his travels he would help him again. No charge, just help him. He sowed seeds of kindness before he talked about the Lord. He started a school and orphanage near the Indian border because he often had to flee over the border otherwise the authorities would capture him. One of the sons of the King of Nepal was led to Christ through Prem and the son had to leave the country, because of his conversion. He oftentimes had a bounty on his head.

Anyway, Brother Prem's life is very inspirational. He lived in the 1990's.

More info: http://gospelgo.com/a/dz/prem.htm

Here is another book about Prem. I have not read it, but it is probably good.
http://seedsowers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=258

Prem Pradhan - Apostle to Nepal
[979751543] $10.95

Prem Pradhan was led to Christ by members of Bakht Singh's people, in a city near Nepal. He was Nepal's first modern convert. Later, he became Nepal's apostle. By the end of his life, Prem had spent half of his Christian life in prisons. His crime? Preaching Christ and baptizing others. His very first converts were all fellow prisoners. As you read his story, you will meet a simple man, yet one who matched Paul of Tarsus, stripe for stripe, imprisonment for imprisonment, beating for beating, and church for church. Modern history knows no greater tale than that of the life of Prem Pradhan. If you ever wanted to know the modern equivalent of a Jon Huss, John Wycliffe, the Anabaptists, or Paul, then read this man.

2010/10/16 16:10
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Living Water by Brother Yun

2010/10/16 16:27Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, how to be rich and happy...joel osteen where to send your tithe...duey,fleecem and howe.... every body is wrong...anita beright

2010/10/16 17:14Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun

Back to Jerusalem by, Brother Yun, Peter Xu Yongze, Enoch Wang

I Dared to Call Him Father by Bilquis Shiek

Secret Believers by Brother Andrew, Al Janssen

2010/10/16 21:47Profile

Re:

I Dared to Call Him Father was really, really good.

2010/10/16 21:54
InKansas

Wichita, Kansas

This year I have been greatly impacted by 3 books.

Heavenly Man - Brother Yun
Living Water - Brother Yun

Increase our Faith - Claude Houde (order at wordofhope.ca)

Claude Houde was a speaker at the recent Expect Leadership conference with David Wilkerson, Carter Conlon, Gary Wilkerson, Nicky Cruz and Pastor Cymbala (not spelled right)

2010/10/17 3:36Profile
RainMan

Re:

1. Listening to the Spirit in the Text

2. Hermeneutics: Principles and Processes of Biblical Interpretation *excellent read*

3.The book i am currently reading at the moment

"Gods Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit" by Gordon fee

Ive only just started it but i cant but it down and i've only read the preface and intro lol.

I just added the Ron Carlson book to my amazon basket as well

2010/10/19 6:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy