SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I think this compass is broken?(Prayer Request)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

I think this compass is broken?(Prayer Request)

My wife and I were wanting some prayer as we seek for direction on where the Lord wants us to go and do. Lately we both feel very stuck and discouraged by our current situation but at still pressing on. I have thought about leaving our current church and doing something different. I have thought about leaving for a while now and even talked to my pastor a while back about leaving, he was very upset and said it would set the church back and they would have to start over since my wife and I are basically the worship team. These are the kind of things that cause us to really push us away but at the same time seems to tie us up with obligation.

While my list of reasons for leaving seems to get heafty and quite long my main reason for wanting to leave is me. I don't like me when I am in church because I play the game so very well. I can put on my religious mask and pretend everything is just peachy keen. So this is where the fork in the road meets us, I thank you for your prayers they are very much appreciated. I know the Lord will use me in where ever He decides to take me.

2010/10/14 20:09Profile
Nellie

Re: I think this compass is broken?(Prayer Request)

Be sure that it is God leading you from your Church.
I ask Him to give you Godly Wisdom.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2010/10/14 21:29Profile
HeartSong

It certainly would glorify God if "you" became what He wants you to be IN your current circumstances. If the mask came off and you let Him clothe you in humility - for who better to see the contrast between the old and the new than those that know the old so very well.

2010/10/15 0:50Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Very good advise, and it is definitely noted. I have been working on removing the masks for a while now seems I'm like an onion which would explain my orgerish behavior at times :).

2010/10/15 1:41Profile
InKansas

Wichita, Kansas

I don't really understand the one church only thing. I feel like all born again believers are my bothers and sisters and should be free to participate in any ministry or ministries if I can be an asset for the Lord in some small way. Gtetting a little out of the box might help you see more clearly. I do wish we could all let God get rid of our masks and just learn to love one another. That's when the world will see Jesus in us. I pray the Lord mightly use you and speak clearly to you as you seek his perfect will and plan for your life.

2010/10/15 1:42Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Ah, me too - the onion. Just when you think you got all the skin off, there is another layer.

2010/10/15 1:43Profile
Theophila

Dear brother,
It appears to me, Sir, that perhaps some time away may be of great benefit to you and your dear wife. As a worship leader, I understand how this act of service can have a toll on one's life. You give so much and sometimes, you just feel all wrung out!

However,if you do stay there, please let it be because the Holy Spirit has CLEARLY told you to do so; not because it is helpful to the church.

The Lord is glorified in whole/wholesome servants. I believe He's more interested in your becoming more like Jesus than in your service to Him.

From one worship leader to another: my humble suggestion would be to take some time away [say about 2 weeks, including Sundays]for some R&R and seeking the Lord's face. You might be able to hear Him better away from church.

Also, Zac Poonen's message, 'Reality in the Christian Life' may be helpful during this time.

May the Lord continue to be your shield and exceeding great reward! Amen.

2010/10/15 13:20Profile

Re:

Our life is not so much about what we DO for Him, but rather, what He wants to do, inside of us.

Praying for you that you will be led by the Holy Spirit.

2010/10/21 0:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy