SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Willow Creek Pastor Puts High Price Tag on New Vision

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

ok you guys win. :)

on second thoughts...

Have you brothers ever listened to Paris Reidhead?

2010/10/12 22:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
ok, you feed the poor, I'm going to preach the gospel. :)

What makes you think the two have to be separate things?

2010/10/12 23:55
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

EverestoSama wrote:

Quote:
What makes you think the two have to be separate things?

Amen. Jimmy, since you are really good at writing articles I have a request; could you write one on this topic, or pray about it?

2010/10/13 0:24Profile

Re:

*Edited on account of being blind*

2010/10/13 0:45
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Yes I meant KingJimmy. Sorry for not being clear on that.
But my Amen was in response to your comment.

2010/10/13 1:01Profile

Re:

Haha, when I looked at your comment "Amen. Jimmy," I just realized that my brain had switched around the comma and period. My bad, man.

2010/10/13 1:14
learn

Re:

[by StarofG0D on 2010/10/12 19:46:37

ok you guys win. :)

on second thoughts...

Have you brothers ever listened to Paris Reidhead?]

Yes, I have and one can't just rely on his knowledge/experience alone. God gives people different experience/revelation/insight to minister to different people and in different parts of the world.

The thing is there are many ways to spread the gospel ie bring people to Christ. They are not exclusive or only 1 way. Many times its a combination. The gospel can be spread directly ie preaching the gospel and/or through healing people and/or through feeding people and/or through going through the pain/suffering as the others.

Go to Gospel for Asia website, Soul survivor for China (do not have the link anymore for this but others may have it), Brother Andrew's Open Doors website and his books, Richard Wurmbrand's Voice of Martyrs website, Tortured for Christ book, Corrie Ten Boom, Amy Carmichael and many more and see how the people were brought to Christ.

2010/10/13 4:19Profile
CeaseNot

Re: Willow Creek Pastor Puts High Price Tag on New Vision

The following is a good post. The rest of the post can be read at:

http://preachingjesus.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/ecumenical-apostasy-the-catholic-church-and-the-emergent-social-justice-gospel/

THE EMERGENT SOCIAL JUSTICE GOSPEL

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)

I use the term “Emergent” social justice gospel because this seems to be the new “cause” of those in the emergent post-modern church. In all reality though, the social justice gospel is something organizations like the Catholic Church have preached for quite a while. This new gospel no longer focuses on preaching the truths about salvation and the kingdom of God as the primary focus but instead focuses on solving social issues and bringing “justice” to the downcast, the poor, and those that are marginalized by society. And in some ways it’s even hard to quantify because in some circles it even extends to caring for the environment, going green, and combating global warming. This other gospel moves from primarily being horizontal between God and man to a vertical Gospel that is more between man and man. It is no longer a message to be declared to those who are perishing but is now a movement based on righting the wrongs and injustices in the word in the name of Jesus.

What I have found in the attitude of those who preach this new “gospel” is that they believe and act as if they have found the “new” progressive way of living out faith in Jesus Christ. That this is the revolutionary way of following Jesus. It’s no more about that outdated method of preaching the Gospel to sinners because they have now found out what the gospel really is…bringing justice to the world. To them it is a way to engage society and show the love of Jesus by caring for the things they care for. It is more about what you do than what you believe. It is a call to ‘transform” society by bringing about justice and taking up the causes of the world and making them causes of Christ. In some ways the way it’s presented can sound so good. After all, what’s wrong with wanting to end child labor, or help the environment (going green), or feeding the poor in Africa, or fixing the world housing problem…ect. These all seem like noble causes BUT are these gospel causes? Are these the activities our God has called us to labor in and for? Has God called us to walk hand in hand with the world, take up their causes, and solve them in the name of Jesus Christ? Or, is the bible correct in that it calls us to something much more glorious – reconciling men to God, helping men find everlasting life, and warning them to flee the wrath to come?

2010/10/13 7:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Jimmy, since you are really good at writing articles I have a request; could you write one on this topic, or pray about it?

Sure. I'll be happy to do such. Lord willing, I will put something together in the next day or two.

2010/10/13 8:11Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

CeaseNot, you said, "These all seem like noble causes BUT are these gospel causes? Are these the activities our God has called us to labor in and for? Has God called us to walk hand in hand with the world, take up their causes, and solve them in the name of Jesus Christ?"

Jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46 31"But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.

32"All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;

33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

41"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;

43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'

44"Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'

45"Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

46"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Our very salvation is a charity from God. No, we cannot cease from telling people the truth of God's Word, but isn't that Word not preached as effectively by simply showing them what it means instead of telling them?

I think what happens is that we develop a caricature of what an opposing view really believes. I think the solution to this little delima is to aim for the center, which is Christ. Show people His love through charity, but then we must tell them who He is. How are they to know if no one tells them?

2010/10/13 8:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy