SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Tabernacle of David

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
and their end was to die. A hard lesson here indeed.

"And he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD: and they fell [all] seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest, in the first [days], in the beginning of barley harvest." 2 Samuel 21:9

Thanks MyVeryHeart.

And that is exactly what happens with things "birthed" by man, rather than the Spirit of God.

2010/10/9 1:45
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
And that is exactly what happens with things "birthed" by man, rather than the Spirit of God.

This phrase, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of things that are shaken--that is, things that have been made--in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Hebrews 12:27

I keep having a vision of whole parking lots of cars being shaken and incinerated as our God, the consuming fire, burns all of mans creations into dust. Not only will the cars go, but the church buildings, the houses, every thing men of the world base their whole life upon. And I realized the insanity of the devotion to these things of the world and man. Let us continue to store our treasure in heaven and be always in worship and awe to the God from whom we are receiving the kingdom which cannot be shaken.

2010/10/9 2:02Profile

Re:

I have always viewed that verse as God shaking everything in our lives so that which cannot be shaken remains.

And what cannot be shaken is what is of His doing in our lives. God is faithful to purge us of everything that is not of Him, by His "shakings".

The "things that are made", are obviously of man and not the Lord.

2010/10/9 2:35
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times. Psalm 12:6

I see those things that are "shaken" as dross, and that I am like a piece of metal being formed into the image of Christ as my Father purges the impurity.

2010/10/9 2:41Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Greetings

Maybe I am missing something here but if there was only one room in the tabernacle of David where did Zadok get the oil from in this verse?

1King 1: 39 And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon.

David studied the law and delighted in it day and night so why would he not build a tabernacle like Moses did who built the first one as God said for it to be built?

After all the temple had multiple rooms and David was the one who gave the design of it to Solomon

Anyway...... since we are temples and Paul was a tentmaker making other tents as in people that would have the Ark (Jesus) in them why shouldn't the Tabernacle of David be a reference to David himself?

Considering the life of David and what he went through I see the tabernacle of David being restored being as individual people chosen while not yet perfect (David sinned grievously after being anointed king yet God restored him after he repented) being made perfect

Just my .02

Doug

2010/10/10 17:43Profile

Re:

It was just a tent filled with the glory of God. It was just a tent, a regular old tent that had nothing but the manifest presence of God. It was just a regular old tent with no brazen altar, no laver, no table of showbread, and no sacrifices (except for the sacrifice of praise). This tent that sat high atop Mt. Zion had nothing in it but the ark of God. Just the ark! Just the glory! That's the tent that God is rebuilding in this hour. He wants a tabernacle free from pomp and ceremony; free from all the trappings of our modern church services filled with empty ritual and religious jargon. He wants a tabernacle for His glory, where He is the beginning middle and end. He wants to be in charge of our worship services for a change (He being the head of the church), and He wants a place for His glory to abide! He wants a tent dedicated to ministry to God in His presence, not a tent dedicated to ministry to man.

Here is a reference for you for more on David's Tabernacle. I think this bro gets it.

http://www.buildinghishouse.org/prophecy/david.shtml

And this is cool. Yeah, he really gets it.
http://www.buildinghishouse.org/prophecy/pitchtent.shtml

2010/10/10 21:29
Lesserlight

Re:

Peace to you and thank you for your reply

I read the links you provided but neither of them had anything scriptural to back up the theory that David went against God's decree on how the tabernacle was to be set up

Anyway

First off there was no oil kept in the the Holiest and for Zadok to have gone into the tabernacle to get the oil he would have gone into the holy room that was the only place where oil was used. Also according to the OT the way into the Holiest was only by blood preceded by incense (although in the NT the golden altar is already in the Holiest).

Secondly David was still offering up sacrifices on an altar that was always located in the outer court

Also David appointed Levites and a High Priest so all the evidence points to David doing just what the Bible said he did........ David delighted in the law and obeyed God that was also given evidence in his concern on how to move the Ark.

The law that David studied requires 2-3 witnesses to establish truth and I do not see any scriptural witnesses supporting David not building a tabernacle in accordance to how God.

Unless I have missed something in the Bible (that is possible) but with the witness of the oil, the levites and then the High Priest going into the tabernacle to get oil that was only used in the Holy room and not the Holiest, scriptural evidence points to a two room tabernacle with an altar outside of it

With all the evidence in the Bible that are against the links and no evidence supporting them (to my knowledge) I have to dismiss the links as wishful thinking on the part of the author...... Not that the author does not mean well but that is why we were given the laws for determining the truth ...... and David was adamant about following the law.

Blessings

Doug

2010/10/10 22:32Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Peace to you and thank you for your reply

I read the links you provided but neither of them had anything scriptural to back up the theory that David went against God's decree on how the tabernacle was to be set up

Anyway

First off there was no oil kept in the the Holiest and for Zadok to have gone into the tabernacle to get the oil he would have gone into the holy room that was the only place where oil was used. Also according to the OT the way into the Holiest was only by blood preceded by incense (although in the NT the golden altar is already in the Holiest).

Secondly David was still offering up sacrifices on an altar that was always located in the outer court

Also David appointed Levites and a High Priest so all the evidence points to David doing just what the Bible said he did........ David delighted in the law and obeyed God that was also given evidence in his concern on how to move the Ark.

The law that David studied requires 2-3 witnesses to establish truth and I do not see any scriptural witnesses supporting David not building a tabernacle in accordance to how God.

Unless I have missed something in the Bible (that is possible) but with the witness of the oil, the levites and then the High Priest going into the tabernacle to get oil that was only used in the Holy room and not the Holiest, scriptural evidence points to a two room tabernacle with an altar outside of it

With all the evidence in the Bible that are against the links and no evidence supporting them (to my knowledge) I have to dismiss the links as wishful thinking on the part of the author...... Not that the author does not mean well but that is why we were given the laws for determining the truth ...... and David was adamant about following the law.

Blessings

Doug

EDIT: Somehow I got two replies posted instead of one.......... sorry

2010/10/10 22:32Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

1Ki 1:38

So Zadok the priest, Nathan the prophet, Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the Cherethites, and the Pelethites went down and had Solomon ride on King David's mule, and brought him to Gihon.

Quote:
First off there was no oil kept in the the Holiest and for Zadok to have gone into the tabernacle..

The tent they got the oil from was in Gihon. I thought the tabernacle of David was on Mount Zion?

1Ch 15:1 Now David built houses for himself in the city of David; and he prepared a place for the ark of God and pitched a tent for it.

2Ch 5:2 Then Solomon assembled to Jerusalem the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the leaders of the fathers' households of the sons of Israel, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.

It looks like Gihon is in a valley.

2Ch 33:14 Now after this he built the outer wall of the city of David on the west side of Gihon, in the valley, even to the entrance of the Fish Gate; and he encircled the Ophel with it and made it very high. Then he put army commanders in all the fortified cities of Judah.

Maybe the tabernacle of David was at the bottom of the holy hill?

2010/10/10 22:49Profile

Re:

I explained that David's first attempt to bring up the Ark, failed. After seeing the house of Obed-Edom blessed he had great motivation to fetch it. David was given revelation by God as to what the acceptable way was to bring up the Ark.

Obviously, David could read God's frowns in Uzzah's death, and conversely he could read God's favor in Obed-Edom's blessing and prosperity.

So, the second time he brought the Ark up, he did not bring it on a cart, or use 30,000 "choice" men, but it was carried on the shoulders of priests (that would be us, today). Implied in 2 Sam 6:13 and expressed in 1 Ch 15:15.

David was given revelation by God to put the Ark in a Tent. This is borne out by Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11 and Acts 15:16.

There is never mentioned any rooms in the tent. Just a tent with the Ark in the midst of it. 2 Sam 6:17.

David's Tabernacle was meant to be different than Moses' Tabernacle and no, David was not being rebellious, otherwise God would have shown His displeasure, manifestly so.

2010/10/11 1:12

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy