SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Christ, the Support of the Tempted - Whitefield sermon excerpt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Christ, the Support of the Tempted - Whitefield sermon excerpt

"O you who have found Jesus Christ assisting you, and supporting you under all the temptations of this life, will you forsake him? Have you not found him a gracious master? Is he not the chiefest of ten thousand, and altogether lovely? Now you see a form and comeliness in Christ, which you never saw before. O! how do you and I wish we had known Jesus sooner, and that we had more of his love; it is condescending love, it is amazing, it is forgiving love, it is dying love, it is exalted and interceding love, and it is glorified love.

"Methinks when I am talking of the love of Jesus Christ, who loved me before I love him; he saw us polluted in blood, full of sores, a slave to sin, to death and hell, running to destruction, then he passed by me, and said unto my soul, "Live;" he snatched me as a brand plucked from the burning. It was love that saved me, it was all of the free grace of God, and that only. The little experience I have had of this love, makes me amazed at the condescension, the love, and mercifulness of the blessed Jesus, that he should have mercy upon such a wretch. O, my brethren, the kingdom of God is within me, and this fills me so full of love, that I would not be in my natural state again, not for millions of millions of worlds; I long to be with Jesus, to live with the Lord that bought me, to live forever with the Lamb that was slain, and to sing Hallelujah's unto him. Eternity itself will be too short to set forth the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. I cannot, indeed I cannot forbear speaking again, and again, and again, of the Lord Jesus."

George Whitefield

2010/10/5 19:58Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re: Christ, the Support of the Tempted - Whitefield sermon excerpt

Amen, brother! Beautiful!

O for a thousand tongues to sing
my dear Redeemer's praise!
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

2010/10/5 21:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net