Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - OCTOBER 5 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - OCTOBER 5 MORNING

Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my count-enance, and my God. - LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear. - For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Jacob said unto his household, ... Let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. - Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I on the name of the LORD.

PSA. 50:15. Psa. 42:11. Psa. 10:17. Psa. 86:5. Gen. 35:2,3. Psa. 103:2. Psa. 116:1 4.

2010/10/5 9:30Profile

Re: DAILY LIGHT - OCTOBER 5 MORNING

Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.--Ps. 50:15

We have here a COMMMAND, a PROMISE, and a PRIVILEGE. the COMMAND is God's direction as to what we are to do in the day of trouble. "Call upon me." To call upon Him is to throw ourselves upon Him, for strength, or comfort, or deliverance, as the case may be. The day of trouble may be present with us now. If so, it is the very day God has named for you to apply to Him for deliverance. Then there is the PROMISE--to encourage our expectation, and to strengthen our faith, God gives us one of His own undertakings. "I will deliver thee." It is for us to pray and trust; it is for Him to fulfill His own promise. We may confidently rely upon Him to do it (1 Thess. 5:24). The PRIVILEGE is one of the greatest that we can possibly enjoy, "Thou shalt glorify me." In ourselves we have neither the power nor the wisdom to do this. But God declares we SHALL glorify Him, By becoming the subjects of His pardoning mercy and renewing grace, we may glorify Him. By being examples of His emancipating power, we may bring glory to His name. (John 15:8; Isa. 61:3; Ps. 50:23.)

References cited:
1Thess. 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Jn. 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Isa. 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Ps. 50:23
Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

2010/10/5 17:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy