SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Rick Warren

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
EverestoSama

Re:

I would also say that if he truly repents and wants to turn over a new leaf, he should also recall the Purpose Driven series, and make a public apology for lying about his stance on Prop 8 to make both himself and Saddleback appear more politically correct.

See for yourself, it's only 55 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZEb9gx42oM

"The Blood will not cover what it was meant to uncover." -Duncan Cambell

2010/10/5 5:26Profile

Re:

People talk about Christ and His cross all the time and they are using the cross for their own fame and political agenda. But I heard that's what he was doing by repenting and so forth...

All I can do is pray to God and read the Bible.Faith is not to trust in a servant but to trust His Word.

2010/10/5 5:45
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I have seen a lot of different threads as this one that look at different professing leaders, many of which have low estate of the individual, I have started and participated in such threads so I say this humble and in gentleness. Many out of intended curiosity ask questions of these individuals, what generally ends up happening is a free for all on that individual's character, relationships with God, manerism, doctrine, intrugrity, and the such. This may just be where God has me right now and I am starting to see why He has me here (its only by His grace that I continue)

Rick Warren has made some errors and lead people astray, but so have I. Rick Warrens theology may be off but so has mine. Rick's style of preaching may bring less glory to God then what we think it ought but my preaching has brought less glory. I say this only to say my stones I wish to cast need to be placed on the ground and left there. As to his repentance we will see the fruit of it, As to his godliness we will let the Lord decide what Pleases Him.

Please Keep in mind that is by shear Grace alone that you aren't Rick Warren, nor twice as in error he maybe.

2010/10/5 5:56Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: EverestoSama

Quote:
The Blood will not cover what it was meant to uncover.
~ Duncan Cambell

I wanted to thank you for this quote, I hope you put it on the quote page!!

God bless,
Lisa

2010/10/5 6:08Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Rick Warren has made some errors and lead people astray, but so have I. Rick Warrens theology may be off but so has mine. Rick's style of preaching may bring less glory to God then what we think it ought but my preaching has brought less glory.

What you can't say however is "Rick Warren has made a mockery of Biblical teachings, a regenerate Christian life, and made grace more common than sand in the desert to countless millions of gospel ignorant people who wait on his every word, but so have I."

He's in the public eye. His influence has been monumental. I don't hate the man, or even dislike him, but I won't sit by and pretend everything is roses, when his actions and his words don't line up with Scripture.

If he was some Joe Schmoe that no one payed attention to, than yeah, whatever, leave him be.

He's influenced millions though, and based on what I've read and seen, I can hardly say it was for the Glory of God.

2010/10/5 6:15Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I understand your view but God will use this for His Glory whether those are the intention of Mr.Warren. These millions are still blind to the Gospel and in being so have given themselves to Rick Warren willingly, they have itching ears and want what Rick is giving them (unless of course He has repented as stated earlier by others) If he has repented he will then use his influence to bring those he lead astray back to the true faith. Remember that its only by grace you, yourself aren't living in the same error. My main point of posting what I did was to point out that nothing edifying comes about from these type of threads.

2010/10/5 6:26Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
My main point of posting what I did was to point out that nothing edifying comes about from these type of threads.

I wouldn't say that 100%. A man asked a question if he thought his stuff was worth checking out. Some said yes. Others said no, and then gave reasons as to why.

I don't think Rick Warren is some guy who has schemed and devised a plot as to how to lead people astray, but that's what he's done none the less. Presented a false Gospel.

Yes, it's by grace alone that we know the truth, but having received this grace do we just zip our mouths and refuse to speak the truth about blatant error, when there are curious people out there with sincere questions? There can be more than one way to abuse grace.

Like I said, I don't hate him or think I'm better than he is, or that I'm in some way different than him and more deserving of whatever. I like the guy's personality. If we met in person we would get along, I'm quite sure. However, I wouldn't dare send someone hungry for truth to go listen to him, in the same way I wouldn't send them to one of my atheist friends for truth, at least without first warning them of the error and danger involved with listening to such counsel.

Many people in their Christian walk will first pick up stones and begin to toss them, considering themselves zealous for the truth. But some realize this error and as a knee jerk reaction swing the entirely opposite way and figure it best just to hush up and not bring the truth out in the open. Some refer to this as "grace". Both polar opposites are wrong, and Biblically unfounded.

There's a way to bring something out in love to try and bring correction, and correct error with truth. And there are some people who have the truth but just love being right so much they'd rather see a man without the truth crash and burn, than turn and repent.

2010/10/5 8:12Profile

Re:

?

2010/10/5 8:19
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
"The Blood will not cover what it was meant to uncover." -Duncan Cambell

To Lysa,

Yeah. When I first heard this it struck me so deeply. I literally watched this statement unfold in my life as I pursued God more. To be quite honest there have even been times I've been terrified to pray, because the Blood would continue to convict and bring out all the things that I tried to hide away in my heart and just pretend didn't need restitution.

That's why I won't buy this, "Well lets just let the past be the past and now I've turned over a new leaf." Sorry. I've yet to see any life changing repentance that way. And as far as I'm aware, (though I could be quite wrong, so someone correct me if this is the case) the only time Jesus actually ever said that salvation had come to someone at that exact moment was with Zaccheus. (With the exception of the thief on the cross, as I don't think he had the means to go about making things right at the time)

2010/10/5 8:48Profile
knitefall

Re:

Again, prayerfully the man has the right "revelation" now.

Looking at the book for myself, it's loaded with works based theology which leads to death. What do you think the apostles fought so hard against? What do you think they meant when they were saying that our Faith should be kept pure? ANY mix of Jesus and 'me' ends in a false way and leads astray.

So, once again, what he supported (in light of this new life change) is the ministry of death and condemnation because it DOES NOT WORK! Now, does anyone have evidence to the 'new life change' posted on here? I would be in his corner if this were so.

2010/10/5 12:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy