SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you know God is pleased with you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

How do you know God is pleased with you?

I can't turn to church people for answers. they are as christian as the local buddhist temple. But they are masters at playing church.

2010/10/4 2:28
jimp

Re: How do you know God is pleased with you?

hi, i dont know how God feels about you but it is based upon how you love all the other people around you and how you love Him.jimp

2010/10/4 2:51Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

You know when God is pleased with you the same way you know when He isn't.

Romans 8v8, 'So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.'

2010/10/4 7:46Profile

According to the scriptures, there is only One Man that God is pleased with, that is Christ - "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased."

If you are in Christ than God is pleased with you just as He is pleased with Christ. If you are not in Christ then you remain an enemy of God.

If you are in Christ, then the Spirit of Christ is in you and you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

If the pleasure of God toward you was based upon your love for other people, then you would be seeking His pleasure according to the works of the law; all the law is summed up in these two commandments - Love God with all that is in you and love your neighbor as yourself.

The righteousness we lack, cannot come by way of the law but only by faith in Christ.

Look to Christ, God is pleased with Him.

2010/10/4 9:18
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

God loves you unconditionally. Irregardless of sin, salvation, holiness, degradation, God loves you. We know this well. When we were yet sinners God so loved us that He sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Unfortunately, many of us understand the love of God but are very unsure of His pleasure with us. "God I know you love me, but are you pleased with me?" We tend to look at God's pleasure toward us much like we look at our own pleasure with one another, and that is based entirely upon what we do. We have no trouble believing we can be saved by grace, but have such a difficult time thinking that God's pleasure with us is on the same basis.

God's pleasure with me is not based on my performance. It is based on who I am. I am a child of God. I have been born again. I have entered into intimate relationship with God through Christ. I am a totally new creation. It is by that factor that God is pleased with me and no other.

This is not to say that God takes pleasure in my actions when I get over into the flesh and walk in a way that is contrary to God. But being pleased with my actions and being pleased with me are two different things. God loves those who are not His children and desires that they come to Him. God takes pleasure in His children and desired that they grow up into maturity and walk in victory over sin, following hard after Him.

2010/10/4 9:23Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

GOD is pleased with those who
desire HIS presence, hunger for
HIS Word, those who seek HIS
kingdom and HIS righteousness,
those who love one another.

2010/10/4 10:14Profile
Benjamin7

Québec, Canada

Re:

Psa 41:11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

2010/10/4 10:25Profile

Re:

How do i know?

He disciplines me more and more all the time.
Makes me realize i'm not the bastard i think i am sometimes.

God Bless,
gregg

2010/10/4 10:26

If we look to ourselves to find a basis for God's pleasure toward us, we will experience no lasting pleasure from God. God will not allow it.

Look to Christ.

2010/10/4 10:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I suggest you concentrate on learning to know God and then see what happens and what questions will come!

2010/10/4 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy