SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art Katz?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Art Katz?

Hi! Ive just discovered Art Katz teaching.. Ive just wondering, does anyone know what the cause of his death was in 2007. Was it sudden? Or was it a terminal illness and so forth??
Sincerely Magnus

2010/10/2 11:29Profile

Re: Art Katz?

You can find a lot about Art here.
http://www.benisrael.org/Newsletter.html

http://artkatzministries.org/online_bookstore/

2010/10/2 12:12
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Hi Magnus,

Art's death was the result of a very long term struggle with a very rare and painful disease. I forget the name of it, but if memory serves correct, it was some sort of respiratory disease. If you listen to some of Art's older teachings, and then listen to the last sermons he preached, you will hear his voice change rather significantly over the years. In his earlier sermons, his voice is of a much higher pitch. Before he died, he was much more baritone sounding than when he began his ministry in the 70's. Of course, one's voice somewhat changes with age, but a lot of Art's voice changing was due to the restricted breathing he experienced, amongst other medical issues.

I would highly encourage you to absorb Art's teachings as much as possible. He was a very rare and precious prophetic spokesman in our day. Sometimes it can be hard to grasp what he says, as it is often very "heady." But in it, you will hear a unique perspective that you are not likely to get from anybody else. Art wasn't afraid to dive into the depths of the Scriptures in his preaching, and definitely isn't for the faint of heart or lazy Bible student. Even if you disagree with him at the end of the day, he will force you to wrestle with "what saith the Scriptures" if you listen to him for any amount of time.

I've listened to probably hundreds of Art's sermons, and have read some of his books. I have also had the privilege of knowing a close friend of his that pastored at Ben Israel for a very long time, Reggie Kelly. I would say that I embrace what I call the "Ben Israel perspective" for lack of a better phrase. So, if you ever have any questions regarding the theology of what Art said, I would be more than happy to dialogue with you about those topics. I think as far as SermonIndex goes, I've been sort of a rather unofficial spokesman for that perspective on this board over the years. There are other brothers too. But, I'm probably the most vocal of them. :-)

[email protected] is my address if you have any questions you'd like to talk about in private, or if you want, I'd be happy to talk to you over the phone concerning it.

Many blessings,

Jimmy

2010/10/2 12:45Profile

Re:

I agree, Jimmy. Art's teachings are excellent. I first met in him Berkeley in 1977 when he showed up in a house with about 15 people and he spoke for about 90 minutes. What he spoke about was riveting and I did not even know who he was. I picked up a copy of "Christ in You: The Hope of Glory". I have kept in touch with his teachings through the years and they have been very beneficial.

2010/10/2 14:07
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

Thanks Jimmy! Yes, his teaching is lika punch in the stomach.. And I thought it was only Ravenhill who could hit my spiritual solar plexus that hard...

Yes Im interesting in his teachings and approaches to all kinds of matters.. Im currently listening to Dr Michael L Browns radio-show "Line Of Fire" and as I understand it Michael was a friend of Art...

Be blessed
Sincerely Magnus

2010/10/2 16:30Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I would highly recommend Art's book titled The Spirit of Truth, you can download it in PDF format at the following link...

http://www.fireonthealtar.com/books/Art%20Katz/The%20Spirit%20of%20Truth.pdf

In Christ,

Ron

2010/10/2 16:51Profile
mielle

Re:

I agree, Art Katz has some fabulous books, 'The Spirit of Truth' is very good, I'm actually reading right now with my 2 daughters and we are having some great discussion times. I love this book and is my 3rd time reading it.

Another awesome book by Katz,'Apostolic Foundations', The challenge of living an authentic Christian Life.

A must read,quote from his book: The actual journal,'Ben Israel-Odyssey of a modern jew' recounts the breaking into consciousness and ultimate apprehension of an unsuspecting and resistant, son of Israel.(Book title,'Ben Israel odyssey of a modern jew')

I just listened to an Art Katz sermon called, ONE THING YOU LACK, one of the hardest sermons I heard, it left one of my daughters crying, but we need to hear hard things sometimes to understand idolatry is a very serious sin, this sermon causes much self examination of this sin.

Art Katz no milk just lean meat sermons, enjoy and grow.

2010/10/2 17:47Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I drove him around for a couple of days in England in summer 2007. He was already dragging himself along. The unction he had was a gift of God, but he cultivated it. God showed me the secret. When we stayed in a house of a family I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom. I saw light seeping from underneath the door of his room. I heard him agonizing before God and immersed in prayer. Though his door was closed I felt like an intruder.

Art commented in some of his sermons that if he did not die a violent death one day there may be something wrong with him. It was not granted to him.

2010/10/2 17:48Profile
anonymity

Re:

Narrowpath,

When you say light seeping from under the door. Do you mean a lightbulb or the glory of God?

What was he praying? Or was he groaning?

2010/10/2 20:36Profile
HeartSong

Re:

The Lord sent me to see Art Katz about a week before he died. I really did not know who he was at the time - he was just someone that I was praying for because of a prayer request that was posted here on SermonIndex. That morning when I left my house, I did not know that I would praying with him that night - in fact, I did not even know where I was going - but the Lord opened all of the doors and the pieces just fell into place.

As I was praying with Art, his german shepherd came up and nuzzled my hand, and when I turned to assure the dog that everything would be okay, Art Katz said that the Lord had sent him an angel. I really do not know exactly what he meant, but I think it is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me - especially in the light of how tense everything was at that point in my life.

When I returned home I started listening to his sermons and when he died about a week later I was almost beside myself with grief at having lost something that I has so recently gained - for his love for the Lord just poured out of him.

Later when I read "Ben Israel" I cried some more for it was as if he was speaking directly to me. After that I immersed myself in his sermons which the Lord used to teach so many things that I can not even begin to relate them all - there were so many things that he said that paralleled my own life . . . oh how I love the workings of the Holy Spirit!

2010/10/2 22:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy