SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what do you think of this coming up Greg Laurie harvest Crusade?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

what do you think of this coming up Greg Laurie harvest Crusade?

My church is going and everyone seems so excited but what does everyone else know or think about him. Is he a faithful gospel preacher or does he have a easy believism gospel?

2010/9/23 20:55
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: what do you think of this coming up Greg Laurie harvest Crusade?

I heard him years and years ago in my early Christian walk and was helped by his messages. There was not easy-believism.

Some of his sermons are available here: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/a-new-beginning/

2010/9/24 7:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Greg Laurie is a good brother. He has a called to reach out to those that do not know God. I feel he has a good ministry and is a precious brother. Some might not agree with his techniques but God is using Him.

Discipleship is the next step needed by others which he really doesn't do as much.

2010/9/24 8:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
Discipleship is the next step needed by others which he really doesn't do as much.

I like this sentence very much.

In the Church society the Pastor usually takes on all the roles of Church ministry. But I think I would enjoy listening to this man as he knows what he was called to do and not to step out into something that he isn't. John the baptist ministry was to baptize, he never wavered from that call. It's refreshing to know that such men are still around today that will just stay in the calling that they were called into.

2010/9/24 8:52
justbeez

Re:

The way it works with Harvest Crusades is that the hundreds of local churches that come together to put on the event are responsible for the discipleship of new believers. (For those who don't know, Harvest only goes where the local churches come together to invite them.)

Basically, every new believer that comes down is counseled by a volunteer follow-up worker and also fills out a card with their contact information. That card gets sorted out to one of the churches in their area, and the church gets in touch with them a few days later to welcome them to the body of Christ and help get them plugged into a local church body and discipled.

I think this is a very biblical model since his church in California really can't effectively disciple someone on the other side of the country--that's the role that the local church is called to serve.

2010/9/26 16:06Profile

Re:

Well it is good to see they do that.

2010/9/26 20:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy