SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last Day Evidence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

ginnyrose,

Do you know this pastor is guilty? How about we pray that perhaps he is innocent and falsly accused before we throw up our hands and say "Here we go again!".

Heaven forbid I ever get falsly accused of something like that and it leaks out on this forum. No mercy from this crowd.

Everyone here cries about the media and how they portray Christians. But the Christians are right there to lap it up as the media tries and convicts this man who maintains his innocent. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

IF he is guilty it will come out, be assured. But if he is innocent this story will fade away and we'll never hear about it.

2010/9/29 12:19
Joyful_Heart

Re:

It is sad, so sad but God allows us to be falsley accused many times. I know it has happened to me and the Lord used it to get me to a point where I had a choice. Choose to be bitter and angry or to choose Jesus. To pray and be kind in return. Only by choosing Jesus' way then God's grace came upon me and helped me love and pray. So hard as two of my relatives were grossly falsely accused lately.

I pray too dearest brethren that our first response be as followers of Christ is "lets pray." This man is our brother in the Lord for all we know. I have never heard of him but he claims he is innocent. We live in America where we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Mercy triumphs over judgment. God says mercy and man says judgment. We must remember we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. And we must be careful not to point the finger too hard as the Lord says to take the log from thine own eye before taking it from another. Also dear brethren lets remember that the Lord says even if we look upon another with lust or with hate we have sinned. Another thing is if he is guilty and the Lord deals with him - The Lord says we are not to rejoice lest God turn and deal harsher with us. We are called to pray. Who knows, God just might use a place to pour out the Holy Spirit upon than where we might think or choose. We just have to be real careful and stay very close to Him ourselves and work hard at keeping ourselves in right standing with Him. Bless you all and God help each one of us to keep right in Your eyes Lord. Amen

2010/9/29 13:39Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Please forgive me. I am thinking I should not have posted.I just know what God has been teaching me. But maybe I should have left it alone.

2010/9/29 20:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Is Eddie Long guilty? Only he knows as well as the males who are accusing him. And God knows as well. While I did not say Long is guilty as charged my post was commenting on the accusations in general.

Brother, these things do happen. They have happened for years. There have been men who fathered children, denied it and confessed many years later, like 50 years! Wanna hear a story?

A few years ago my second cousin had an acquaintance ask him if what he is hearing is true? "What have you been hearing?" "People are saying that, Luke (not his real name), who has terminal cancer, is your dad's son!" "Well, I never heard that - I'll ask mom!"

Charles asked his mother about this rumor. She said "yes, it is true!" "When did you learn of it?" "About two weeks before your father died (about ten years earlier)." "Why did you not tell us?"

Charles went to visit this man. When he saw him he could see his dad's physical traits in him - they way he walked, the way he handled himself. He knew this fellow all his life but never before had a clue...

Short of the long - the wife had heard of this rumor before she married him and asked him whether it was true, but he vehemently denied it. He lived with these unconfessed sins for over 50 years...now that the children knew it they said, "Now we understand why dad was the way he was!"

Homeskooldad, this was not the only case in this community and I happened to know both men, both now deceased.

Admittedly, the stories I presented here differ radically from the acts Long is accused of but the sins are the same. Unless people will voluntarily come forward with a confession, there will be two conflicting stories of what happened or did not happen. Now people are left to discern the evidence. But can it be proven? One news source said it will be difficult to prove. Maybe.

The Bible still says "and be sure your sin will find you out" and it may take years for it to happen.

Another incident. We have here in our community a 50ish single male who was molested by an visiting evangelist when he was 14 YO. The father reported this incident to the powers that be but they refused to believe him. This man has struggled with perversion and drugs most of his life since. Today he has come clean of this perversion but he is a bitter man, afflicted with AIDS and he is angry and mentally unstable. All triggered by one man's unbridled lust.

Brother, these charges are extremely serious. Someone sinned, of that there can be no doubt. But who it is remains to be found out.

HSDad you must be a young man, father. You have a job to protect your children. May I ask what would you do if your son or daughter were to tell you that someone molested him/her? Would you believe your child or the adult? Too many children are too scared to share this info with an adult because they think they won't be believed OR the perpetrator threatens the child with bodily harm if he/she told. This is the way of the transgressor, sir!

(I have served on the grand jury where we were presented with a case of child molestation - and I tell you it took us all of 30 seconds to return a true bill. The acts these men do to boys are beyond horrible! I still have to deal with a twinge of anger as I recall this case.)

ginnyrose

2010/9/29 21:16Profile
RainMan

Re: Eddie Long

Can we judge Eddie long?

Firstly lets look at the three contexts of judging as outlined in the new testament.

ONE

Matthew 7
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

----
Very self-explanatory. Do not appoint yourself as judge over others to condemn them as we are all sinners. Rather than condemn those who fall amongst us, lets try to bring them to repentance and restoration.

In this context we are not allowed to judge

TWO

1 Corinthians 2:14-15 (New International Version)

14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
---
This context is talking about spiritual discernment and we are exhorted by the word of God as spiritual people to judge all things (not people) i.e. if a man is spreading a doctrine of devils as spirit filled people we are allowed to bring into judgment the doctrine he teaches as outlined by the word of God so such doctrines can be "marked and avoided"

THREE

1 Corinthians 6
Lawsuits Among Believers
1If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints? 2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 4Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church![a] 5I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother goes to law against another—and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? 8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

Judicial authority

Eddie Long

Bishop Eddie is a false teacher as outlined by the word of God. His doctrine is a false gospel. I wont heap any condemnation on him and say he is guilty of the charges of sexual coercion as we don't have all the facts. Paul outlines in the pastoral epistles the criteria for bishops. Does Eddie or indeed other money changers measure up to these exhortation i.e. husband of one wife, not inclined to courteousness or greed for money?

But as the lord asks in the bible "Does a man pick grapes from amongst thorns"

Grapes from amongst thorns? Thorns=Cares of the world and deceitfulness of riches.

There is too much wickedness going on in the modern church. I pray in all of this the lord will use this saga to wake us up to the reality of what we call the modern church

2010/9/30 8:11Profile

Re:

I dont know anything about Eddie Long. Never heard of him until last week. But whether he is a false teacher or not does not justify the slander and the rendering of "GUILTY!" (without any facts whatsoever) that has taken place on this thread. False teacher, flat out pagan, born again Christian; it does not matter. Scipture says that the fruits of love (otherwise known as fruits of the Spirit) is:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Do you love Eddie Long? What if after all this it's proven he is innocent? I doubt you folks will come here and praise the Lord over it. No, you'll either never mention it, or you will tear apart his doctrine.

Now listen to me real good: if his doctrine is false then it does deserve to be torn assunder. What I find disturbing on this forum is the amount of glee in which many of you do it. The way some of you behave on here it's as if the scripture says "and the greatest of these is judging" instead of love.

And furthermore, Miss Ginny, if Long is guilty of what he has been accused of then he deserves God's wrath. And so do I. And so do you. I am not stupid, I have been around the block a number of times. I know the wretched deeds men are capable of.

What you all will not admit is that you are trying this man with NO evidence, NO facts. That makes you fools according to scripture because it basically means you are talking about things which you know nothing about apart from the 30 second bits on the news.

And I say shame on all of you. This forum should not be like this. I'm looking for a little more spiritual maturity from folks.

Here is a challenge to you all: Present some facts proving that Long is guilty. The facts will come out eventually, and perhaps he is guilty. But present to the world the facts that you have that give you the right to publicly declare this man guilty as you have here.

Another challenge: defend your posts concerning this man with scripture.

I'll be waiting.

What's happening with this particular thread is not right, and the sad thing is: I think you all know it but you can't admit it.

2010/9/30 10:05
RainMan

Re:

I was in bible study one day and i kinda mentioned job's theology of God being sovereign. "The lord giveth and the lord taketh away blessed be the name of the lord" even after supplying other scriptures there was a 80+ year old great grand mother(really sweet soul) who refused to accept "the lord taketh away". "The lord has nothing to do with evil" she said.

The reason for this loving ladies doctrinal error is that pride had prevented her from seeing parallelisms within Gods word. Yes indeed God is Loving and most people on here know God is loving not just we read it in a book but because we have experienced his love his grace and mercy in our lives and God is real and tangible.

But this is one dimension to God. Yes God is Love but he is also a Holy God. A God the bible describes as a consuming fire. Love and Holiness are two important attributes of God. We cannot lean only to one truth while ignoring the other when it suits us. If we love as God wants us to love we would love not just each other but also the very word of God and every single precept and council we find within it. (See psalm 119)

Love will address sin because love knows what the consequences of sin are to a Holy God who has declared in his word without holiness no one shall see the lord.

Love compels us to reach out to all men who are in desperate need of a savior. It doesn't look the other way because that is more convenient.

Like i said in my previous post i don't judge the man. But i have examined his doctrine in light of the word of God and find him to be a false teacher.

[do people actually read posts this long, whats the cut of point i.e. when does a post become to long?]

If the fruit fruits

I remember when the lord opened my eyes to the darkness and deception i was in. I could not help getting into arguments and disputes of theology but such arguments are not very profitable. If anyone wants to sit down with the bible with a genuine desire for the truth then i would spend unlimited amounts of time fellow-shipping with such. But i have learned to walk away from arguments where pride is involved and where people have no genuine desire for truth.

Having said that is it not very judgmental of you to describe people on this post as judgmental seeing as you do not know them either?

2010/9/30 10:48Profile

Re:

Not when their words are posted right here for all to read. They have no evidence of this man's guilt, but the evidence of their judging this man is on display in what they write right here for all to read... including unbelievers who may venture by.

Their words condemn them, not me.

So you are comparing apples and oranges trying to justify the judging of man when so far there is absolutely no evidence against him.

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you are tried on this forum.

Should it be proven that he did what he was accused of, then some of the things written here would be justified. But so far we have a man who may be falsly accused, and those who call themselves Christians burying him alive.

This is what Christ would have us do? I think not.

Try again.

2010/9/30 11:25

Re:

Sorry folks, there is no way to justify convicting this guy when there is NO evidence of his guilt! Just accusations, thats all there is.

2010/9/30 11:33
mela07

Re:

what HomeSkoolDad said is true...there is no evidence but accusations. You cannot just believe what someone says.

2010/9/30 11:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy