SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last Day Evidence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Last Day Evidence

1 Peter 4:17

"For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God. And if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who refuse to obey the gospel of God?"

I believe the Lord is shaking up His church and beginning a purging of the dross from it. Every hidden thing shall be revealed, and all crooked ways will be made straight.

http://bit.ly/ck3Bat

Bishop Eddie Long has been accused of being involved in homosexual relationships with three young men of His congregation. Weather or not it is true, I believe the Lord is using this, and other incidents to expose the modern day Christianity that we have come to know as empty, and only those who truly know the Lord will seek a deeper walk with Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

God have mercy on us.

2010/9/23 14:34
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Last Day Evidence

OH, Yes; GOD is going to do some
house-cleaning. The money-changers,
those who prostitute religion for
gain, those who abuse their position
of authority over the flock, those
who cannot abstain from ungodly
desires and passions will be the
first to go.

God is raising up a people who honor
and magnify HIS Name, who set them-
selves apart from the filth of the
world and the stain of sin; who
hunger for truth and love righteousness
more than life!!
Want to be a part of that?? I DO!!

2010/9/23 16:21Profile
mielle

Re:

Christ is building His church! Hallelujah!
I wonder how many of those mega churches
will fall to the ground.
When all the money is gone I wonder if their
best life now will be living in a cardboard box.

2010/9/23 16:50Profile

Quote:
Bishop Eddie Long has been accused of being involved in homosexual relationships with three young men of His congregation. Weather or not it is true, I believe the Lord is using this, and other incidents to expose the modern day Christianity that we have come to know as empty

It's empty because you can't serve two masters. You can't serve the law and expect to live by grace.

Be under the law, the results are sin and death.

Be under grace and sin will not have dominion over us.

Modern Christianity is a mixture of law and grace. They say that it's by grace but afterward put so much burdens on people that they are unable to bear.

You'll know someone who is under law when they say, "Sure it's salvation by faith through grace, but". When you hear that "But", run!

When we live under law, a host of sins are in the closet that you can't get rid until we give up and resign under the merciful hand of God's provision through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is no means a sign of the end times as there have been many periods throughout the Christian history that people have done this very thing.

The law has it's place only in that it tells me that I am a sinner and I need Jesus. But to live by it is death.

Whenever there is a great move of God that is going to make it's divine appearance through His body, there must be judgment in the house of God to set it right, to set the order in the Temple aright so that no flesh shall glory in His presence. In every instances of these great moves, you'll see the Church getting right with His maker.

1 Peter 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

If the few are not saved, how shall the ungodly and sinner appear before God? We have the words of eternal life, and if we can't share that good news, how are they going to be saved? Paul even said, "How shall they hear without a preacher".

2010/9/23 22:29

Re:

Quote:
I wonder how many of those mega churches will fall to the ground.

Not all mega churches are bad.

Lets not forget that the early Church started out with a mega Church of approx. 4000 men besides women and children.

Times Square Church in New York City is considered a mega Church.

Just because it's big doesn't mean it's bad.

2010/9/23 22:37

Re:

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

The shaking started when Messiah came and it will end when He comes again. That which is not of Him will not stand.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

2010/9/29 0:04
Koheleth

NC

by GlobalMicaia on 2010/9/23 11:34:34

Quote:
Weather or not it is true . . .

Whoa! We need to slow down here. I don't know one thing about this fellow, but just listened to a story about how a godly pastor had his entire career ruined and shut down due to a rumor. By making this statement, you could be worse off than those you speak against. Is a man innocent until proven guilty or doesn't that apply? Let the evidence take its course. Photos don't prove anything anymore, ever since Photoshop was released. And I am not ignorant and blind. I know this type of thing goes on all the time, but why indict the man before he has had his say? Maybe a good topic for ABC News, but I think not for SI.

2010/9/29 2:27Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re:

Quote:
It's empty because you can't serve two masters. You can't serve the law and expect to live by grace.

Love is the fulfilling of the law

2010/9/29 8:45Profile

Re:

I'm glad someone spoke up. The self righteous (yes, holier than everyone else) attitude permeating this thread makes me want to throw up. Are you guys just waiting to pile on when someone is accused of something?

You've never been falsly accused? Paul was, he was slandered. Thankfully for him none of you people were around to pile on.

Not one single person on this forum knows the truth of the matter concerning this pastor. I sure don't, but I do know that the Holy Spirit had a lot to say through Solomon about fools who prattle on about things they know nothing about.

And shame on all of you for attempting to veil your enjoyment of attacking this man under the guise of "Last Day Evidence" and throwing around scripture as if that justified the jollies you were getting from running someone in the ground.

And then you sit and wonder why revival does not happen. Wake up people.

I truly hope he is found to be innocent for the glory of the name of Christ.

2010/9/29 8:46
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

As I see it the greatest tragedy is that this type of behaviors are not isolated ones.

It seems as though every few weeks there is another report on the web of another church leader not practicing what he preaches. In fact, I noticed two unrelated incidents on the web last night: one that involves a fundamentalist Baptist deacon and the other a Catholic priest.

If the reports do not involve clergy, then they are politicians.

It is a shame that leaders weld so much power that they succeed in silencing their victims and the people they are called to serve. The fact that these victims speak up later is a powerful testimony that one cannot cover up sin forever.

It is also tragic that many times people suspected something was wrong but did not pursue their gut sense to determine what is not computing. But then, how often does that happen to us and we are silent because we are afraid of the anger it is sure to evoke? Then, if one witnesses real anger you know there is a problem because this is mentioned in the catalog of sins. And the sin of anger is extremely difficult to deal with - almost impossible.

SIGH.

SIN is hard to deal with in the life of a leader...if they would only admit it, confess it, repent and ask for forgiveness instead of defending it it would save a lot of people a lot of grief.

Lord have mercy!

ginnyrose

2010/9/29 11:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy