SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bishop Eddie Long

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

As I said though, it matters not if he is a rich heretic driving a gold plated BMW or a poor truth filled country preacher with a congregation of 50 people. It still does not justify jumping on this man over allegations that have so far no evidence to back them up.

If people wanted to discuss his doctrine, and show the error of his teachings that's one thing. But so far no one has.

2010/9/30 12:26
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi HomeSkoolDad...

You wrote: "If people wanted to discuss his doctrine, and show the error of his teachings that's one thing. But so far no one has."

I thought that I just did.

I don't know if he is guilty or innocent of secret sexual relationships with young men. I won't even make such a claim or pass judgment on that.

However, I did point out the sinful errors of his prosperity teachings.

2010/9/30 14:10Profile

Re:

Sorry bro, I missed your post about that entirely. I stand corrected.

2010/9/30 14:12
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi HomeskoolDad,

I felt you were a bit hasty in your criticism of some of the comments here. I did not detect that there was any self rightious attitudes in what was posted. I don't know anything about this preacher apart from reading a report the other day. The point is it does concern us as Christians as this man is proclaiming himself a representative of Jesus Christ. The thing is, if he is teaching a false gospel (properity) and living an immoral life, then this is very relevant and the church needs to take note. Mark them and avoid!

I remember it being pointed out to me (many years ago) that false teaching and immoral lifesyles always go together. Take a look at all the sciptures that talk about false teachers, whether in the gospels or the epistles and you will see that both go hand in hand. I have also seen this many times over the years; the immorality may not be evident for some time (even when the false teaching is), but it is later exposed and then you find out they have been practising it for many years.

I hope you do not think I am self righteously pointing the finger. That is not my motive. I do not think highly of my self and know of myself I am unrighteous and unworthy, but a receipient of God's mercy and grace.

2010/9/30 16:31Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

I like what Ginnyrose said, we must not condone sin regardless of whose life it is in, we must search and seek for God's loving mercy no matter who has been either charged or found guilty.

Let every man be a liar, and let us allow God to be truth in everything.

2010/9/30 18:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I remember it being pointed out to me (many years ago) that false teaching and immoral lifesyles always go together. Take a look at all the sciptures that talk about false teachers, whether in the gospels or the epistles and you will see that both go hand in hand. I have also seen this many times over the years; the immorality may not be evident for some time (even when the false teaching is), but it is later exposed and then you find out they have been practising it for many years.

I never noticed this before...glad you pointed this out.

I did notice that if a person is guilty of one sin, there will be others present as well - they just may not be as obvious as the one that is glaringly evident. James 2:10. In other words, a body cannot be guilty of one isolated sin and be pure otherwise. For example, if one is stealing, there will be covetousness, strife, etc....

Thanks for sharing, Dave.

ginnyrose

2010/9/30 19:19Profile

Re:

Character, integrity go along with doctrine. I don't see that with Eddie. I only see his photos he took of himself in the mirror posing. Not sure if that is something a "man of God" does?

2010/10/1 7:06
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I can't really comment much, I have only heard his name before, I don't know anything about him. I guess we will all know more about him in the near future, when he is run through our justice system, it's not the best system, but it's all we have. I will wait and comment on this again, after the verdict, because until after the verdict, who really knows what this person has done or not done. I do think regardless of the outcome, all parties involved could probably use some Prayer, and this is what I personally will be doing.
Mr. Bill

2010/10/1 9:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy